• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    First let me start by saying one thing. I totally support legal equality of gays and heterosexuals. This is downright scary however. I knew that Canada and the UK had laws like this, but I had no idea that it was even happening here at home.

The 'how-to' plan to criminalize Christianity

This is why gay marriage scares the crap out of me... I'm afraid that it will come to the point that many gay rights activists and gays will be filing lawsuits similar to the one mentioned in the text of this article that took place in New Mexico. Supposedly there's supposed to be an exception in the bill for church groups... of course we all saw how that panned out with abortion in the healthcare bill. :rolleyes:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    They (gays and such) will have their way for now but when they come before the judgement bar of God, there will be no mercy. I didn't say it, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit did, so don't argue with me about it, go argue with God.
    Don't believe in God? I'll pray for you, that's all I can do.

10mm. when you care enough to send the very best.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This is exactly the reason why the word marriage should be stricken from every law, tax book, and governmental ruling. Marriage is something between two people, not everyone else. If a Christian person doesn't want to accept two guys getting married, big deal, they shouldn't have to.

If you want equality, then make any couple equal in the eyes of the government for tax reasons and the few other cases where being married is different from being single...or do away with those provisions. Two old widowers, two lesbians, a Christian man and woman, etc should be equal under the law, but should never be forced to be equal in terms of meaning to all people. A government recognized union does not need to have anything to do with what marriage means to two individuals.

Flightsimmer you make a good point. To myself, two gay guys marrying is as legitimate as my wife and I. To you, they most certainly are not. How can you, myself, and the gay couple be happy? Ignore it, and stop talking about it. We all do our own thing and leave each other alone. Unless any of us get violent about it, we live our lives how we choose.

All of that said, if that gay-hater church who pickets Marines' funerals are allowed to do what they do, then there should be no laws against hate speech. If you are offended, grow a pair. Sticks and stones remember?

Finally, it is bull-**** for any law to muzzle a pastor or anyone's abilities to say their religious beliefs aloud in a venue. Total bull-****. I don't believe in god and would argue with any of you about it...but the freedoms that let me NOT believe are the same ones that allow religious people to gather, speak, and worship how they please. I'm right with all of you "Crazy Christians" :D in that this is a dangerous direction we are headed down. Anyone can claim offense at anything someone else says. Are we going to have laws about those things as well?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why is it we are so fanatical about the first part but completely ignore the second part.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Why is it we are so fanatical about the first part but completely ignore the second part.

Good point. I can't speak for the other countries, but shouldn't that very clear wording from the constitution deem any and all of these types of hate speech laws unconstitutional?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am most certainly happily married to a woman, but why some people think gays should not be allowed to marry is beyond me. What possible harm could it cause to anyone at all?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am most certainly happily married to a woman, but why some people think gays should not be allowed to marry is beyond me. What possible harm could it cause to anyone at all?

Well, for one thing, 30 years ago we wouldn't be having this conversation; societal mores were opposed to homosexuality, bestiality, pederasty, and other forms of social behavior that were considered outside the norm (for some very good reasons). It is a true cliche that "marriage" has been universally understood as the union of men and women. If anyone can show me a society in history in which homosexual marriage was codified, I will consider myself enlightened.

Instead, for whatever cause, we've had this push to bring aberrant behavior into the societal mainstream, and as this aberration becomes acceptable, next comes NAMBLA asking why adult men shouldn't "marry" young boys.

There are a number of reasons why a society fails, historically, but no society will thrive if it fails to produce children and protect the same. Marriage between a man and a woman is the natural means by which children are brought into the world and protected until they can fend for themselves. A society which condones the murder of its children and weakens or demeans the societal value of traditional marriage is on the downhill slope to destruction. A society which values marriage and children will displace it.

My personal disclaimer: I don't care what consenting adults do with each other in the privacy of their homes. I've had homosexual neighbors and acquaintances and have gotten along well with them. I don't preach at them and I don't hate them, but I don't agree that they are "normal" or should be able to marry.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, for one thing, 30 years ago we wouldn't be having this conversation; societal mores were opposed to homosexuality, bestiality, pederasty, and other forms of social behavior that were considered outside the norm (for some very good reasons). It is a true cliche that "marriage" has been universally understood as the union of men and women. If anyone can show me a society in history in which homosexual marriage was codified, I will consider myself enlightened.

Instead, for whatever cause, we've had this push to bring aberrant behavior into the societal mainstream, and as this aberration becomes acceptable, next comes NAMBLA asking why adult men shouldn't "marry" young boys.

There are a number of reasons why a society fails, historically, but no society will thrive if it fails to produce children and protect the same. Marriage between a man and a woman is the natural means by which children are brought into the world and protected until they can fend for themselves. A society which condones the murder of its children and weakens or demeans the societal value of traditional marriage is on the downhill slope to destruction. A society which values marriage and children will displace it.

My personal disclaimer: I don't care what consenting adults do with each other in the privacy of their homes. I've had homosexual neighbors and acquaintances and have gotten along well with them. I don't preach at them and I don't hate them, but I don't agree that they are "normal" or should be able to marry.

If you really cant see the difference between bestiality/child molestation and gay marriage then there is no point in having a mature conversation.

But let me try and explain the difference, an animal nor a child have the mental capacity to AGREE to the acts they are taking part it. Two gay people are not raping each other. The distinction is pretty clear for anyone with a clue.

But I guess the better point is who are you or anyone else to put your morals or beliefs on someone else and stopping them from having the same things you have?

Once upon a time women and blacks couldn't vote, you want to go back to that too? See how wild jumps are dumb? Ya know kinda like your pedophile and bestiality jumps.

Oh and FYI, there were gay people 30 years ago. If you search through history there were cultures that practiced homosexuality openly. It is not some new revelation that is a new fad to put a crimp on the Christian values.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    LOL DS

What the Ancients did worked for thousands of years.

These new agey agenda is threatening to destroy Society.

If a man, women or animal wants to be gay, fine... I dont care, but keep it to yourself. Want to be married? Fine put a ring on your finger, and blammo, done deal.

Dont ask Politic's or Religion to change for you. The way it works is the Majority has the rule, not the minority.

The world is much angrier when it allows a minority to rule them. And think about it, Elementry kids vote for pizza, can you imagine the outcry is someone voted for raw fish?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Oh and FYI, there were gay people 30 years ago. If you search through history there were cultures that practiced homosexuality openly. It is not some new revelation that is a new fad to put a crimp on the Christian values.

PS, I almost forgot... Alot of Cultures were against Homosexuality. I have no doubts you are attempting to allude to the greeks, but I've seen more than enough proof that they were vastly anti-Homosexual by Man law, but ALSO GOD LAW.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think that the term marriage connotates a religious aspect. And therein resides my opposition to gays "marrying" each other. However, I have no problem with civil unions, or some other state sanctioned contractual union with the same legal ramifications as marriage. However, I do not want the union called marriage because then the anti-discrimination laws might be able to be used to force religious institutions to perform marriages of gays despite their religious objections.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Can someone explain why, the leftwing lunatic's always make the claim of needing to be tolerant of others but they cannot be tolerant of the establishment?

Where are all the gays rights activist when it comes to gays in Islam being killed?

It doesnt take an ounce of courage to walk down San Fransico, telling the world how "proud" you are. Let's see them lead a March through Iran, Saudi Arabia or some other 'peaceful' Nation.

The left has nothing but the ability to attack Christians, and Christianity, not surprising as such agendas are rooted within Communism, in a political sense.

Where are all the femnazis when it comes to the REAL oppression of women in Islam.

Sorry folks, but as a Pagan, I find it remarkable that very little is ever said about this.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If you really cant see the difference between bestiality/child molestation and gay marriage then there is no point in having a mature conversation.

Didn't say I don't see the difference. What I meant is that, once homosexuality is approved as a "norm", then NAMBLA tries to get its preferred sexuality "normalized" (this is already happening). Neither behavior contributes to the continuation of society and there is some evidence that both behaviors contribute to harming society (as some "heterosexual" behaviors do).

But let me try and explain the difference, an animal nor a child have the mental capacity to AGREE to the acts they are taking part it. Two gay people are not raping each other. The distinction is pretty clear for anyone with a clue.

But I guess the better point is who are you or anyone else to put your morals or beliefs on someone else and stopping them from having the same things you have?

My point is that no society that I'm aware of has codified "marriage" between same-sex couples, even if they've condoned homosexuality. The push to normalize homosexuality in this country has come on the backs (no pun intended) of the equal rights fights of blacks and women, but bears no relation to either one. And if you are asking about my right to put my morals or beliefs on someone else, who are _they_ to try to overturn an evolutionary societal response by calling all who opposite some sort of "-ist"?

Once upon a time women and blacks couldn't vote, you want to go back to that too? See how wild jumps are dumb? Ya know kinda like your pedophile and bestiality jumps.

I deliberately left out the miscegenation laws of earlier years because they didn't do anything to help the family unit.

There absolutely were homosexuals and have been throughout history. Tell me, where is the Roman Empire these days? How about the Greeks? How well are the Ottomans doing?

(I tried to put the rest of my responses to your post in pink - but it didn't show up well so I had to settle for fuscia.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    There absolutely were homosexuals and have been throughout history. Tell me, where is the Roman Empire these days? How about the Greeks? How well are the Ottomans doing?

(I tried to put the rest of my responses to your post in pink - but it didn't show up well so I had to settle for fuscia.)

The fall of those great Empires has ZERO to do with homosexuality.

Let's examine the Hellenic's point of view on this corrupt, false and revisionist history appearantly thoroughly supported in America, taught by communist.

Actually what should be noted is that while the ancients had no word what so ever to describe heterosexuals/ity, the word used to describe these perversed individuals was kinaidos which also passed onto Latin as cinaedus which are translated as "he who practises unnatural lust".
    The etymology of this word should also be noted, kinaidos = “he who ‘κινεί την αιδώ’ (kinei ten aido)

‘κινέω’ (kineo) = to move , to meddle with things sacred
    and
    ‘Αιδώς’ (aidos) = “the personification of a conscience, of shame”

Kenneth James Dover (a homosexual, himself)
    KJ Dover is considered the authority in the field.. anyone who has actually read his work can confirm that in total and being very generous, only some 20-25 vases of the total 575 which he has collected, actually depict a scene which could be related to this practice..

fact of the matter is that Dover, suggests that during these alleged homosexual acts, actual penetration NEVER did take place!! Because the ancient Hellines believed that it was disgracefull.
    Vase paintings found after the Persian defeat, where we find the Hellines coming up to the bent over Pesian fully aroused, clearly depicting domination support his views.

Diodorus Sicelus 5.32

It is their practice to sleep upon the ground on the skins of wild beasts and to tumble with a catamite on each side. And the most astonishing thing of all is that they feel no concern for their proper dignity, but prostitute to others without a qualm the flower of their bodies; nor do they consider this a disgraceful thing to do, but rather when anyone of them is thus approached and refuses the favour offered him, this they consider an act of dishonour.

Aeschines, Against Timarchus 12

The teachers of the boys shall open the school-rooms not earlier than sunrise, and they shall close them before sunset. No person who is older than the boys shall be permitted to enter the room while they are there, unless he be a son of the teacher, a brother, or a daughter's husband. If any one enter in violation of this prohibition, he shall be punished with death. The superintendents of the gymnasia shall under no conditions allow any one who has reached the age of manhood to enter the contests of Hermes together with the boys. A gymnasiarch who does permit this and fails to keep such a person out of the gymnasium, shall be liable to the penalties prescribed for the seduction of free-born youth. Every choregus who is appointed by the people shall be more than forty years of age

Aeschines, Against Timarchus 13

if any boy is let out for hire as a prostitute, whether it be by father or brother or uncle or guardian, or by any one else who has control of him, prosecution is not to he against the boy himself, but against the man who let him out for hire and the man who hired him

Aeschines, Against Timarchus 16

If any Athenian shall outrage a free-born child, the parent or guardian of the child shall demand a specific penalty. If the court condemn the accused to death, he shall be delivered to the constables and be put to death the same day. If he be condemned to pay a fine, and be unable to pay the fine immediately, he must pay within eleven days after the trial, and he shall remain in prison until payment is made. The same action shall hold against those who abuse the persons of slaves.

Aeschines, Against Timarchus 21

If any Athenian shall have prostituted his person, he shall
    * not be permitted to become one of the nine archons,
    *nor to discharge the office of priest,
    * nor to act as an advocate for the state,
    * nor shall he hold any office whatsoever, at home or abroad,
    * whether filled by lot or by election;
    * he shall not be sent as a herald;
    *he shall not take part in debate,
    *nor be present at public sacrifices;
    *when the citizens are wearing garlands, he shall wear none;
    *and he shall not enter within the limits of the place that has been purified for the assembling of the people.

If any man who has been convicted of prostitution act contrary to these prohibitions, he shall be put to death.

Aeschines, Against Timarchus 29

“Or the man who has failed to perform all the military service demanded of him, or who has thrown away his shield.” And he is right. Why? Man, if you fail to take up arms in behalf of the state, or if you are such a coward that you are unable to defend her, you must not claim the right to advise her, either. Whom does he specify in the third place? “Or the man,” he says, “who has debauched or prostituted himself.” For the man who has made traffic of the shame of his own body, he thought would be ready to sell the common interests of the city also. But whom does he specify in the fourth place?

I HIGHLY SUGGEST THE ABOVE VIDEO FOR THOSE WHO ENJOY PROMOTING A HOMOSEXUAL GREECE ETC.

Aesop's fables

zeusaidos.png

It's quite obvious that the Ancient Greeks and Romans (Partly Greek in southern Italy) had laws which would certainly be considered 'hate crimes' today, regarding Homosexuality.

It's also speculative why those who crusaded this Pro-homo-greco-ramono are openly gay themselves - Need something to help equate these practices as normal?

I wont say Homosexuality didnt exist, but to what degree, I believe is siginifcantly less than what is taught.

Just my :twocents:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The fall of those great Empires has ZERO to do with homosexuality.

(snipped)

Just my :twocents:

My point was that once the moral underpinnings of a society are undermined, the society tends to decline. But in saying what I did, I was obviously making the wrong connection, and I humbly bow to your evidently superior knowledge of the subject (absolutely no sarcasm intended).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom