• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets lazy in the winter time, and just wants to wear sweats occasionally. Those of you who carry in sweats, how do you do it?

Personally, I just started using a Fobus paddle holster with sweats. I wear a paid of athletic shorts underneath, tighten both of the draw strings really tight and it actually stay in place.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think a fanny pack holster would be a good option. I'm mean, it's not like you're concerned with looking like a dork if you've already got sweat pants on. :):

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    We talking normally? Or full on Captain sweatpants mode with shirt tucked in?

Not much for concealment here...:):
    302yoef.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Must resist urge to comment.......gym shorts.......flip flops.......fanny pack.........aaaahhhhhhhh

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    If you're just lounging around, I'd maybe look into a smartcarry holster or something similar. If you're actually looking to get sweaty, hmmm.. shoulder holster? it'd be pretty common to see sweatpants and a zip-up sweatshirt or vest around here on the weekends, and either could conceal easily.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I pocket carry a S&W 640-3. Make sure your pockets are deep enough. I have found a few pair that the pockets aren't deep enough. I avoid those.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Man, what kind of sweats are you guys wearing?? There ain't no way I could pocket carry in any of the sweats I have.. I could MAYBE pull off a tuckable holster with some of the tight-fitting athletic kind, but they're no more comfortable that a good pair of jeans IMO..

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Hmmm it seems I am the only one who enjoys sweats in public around here. It isn't like I'm wearing some skin tight sweats with the elastic on the bottom of my legs with my Jesu... I mean Jello Sandals. I have a few pairs from Gander or Nike that are nice and thick with a wasteband about 1.5"-2" tall. Very similar to a belt.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Men shouldn't wear sweatpants, shorts, or sandles in public (preferably at all). So, I assume it is adequate for you to carry a purse, which can adequately accommodate a firearm.

Or, as previously posted, just go with the fanny pack since you've thrown appropriate dress attire for being in public out the window.

:popcorn:

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Men shouldn't wear sweatpants, shorts, or sandles in public (preferably at all). So, I assume it is adequate for you to carry a purse, which can adequately accommodate a firearm.

Or, as previously posted, just go with the fanny pack since you've thrown appropriate dress attire for being in public out the window.

Damn you're right! I don't know why it has taken me so long to take fashion advice from a stranger on the internet :rolleyes: . Since I've got you, can you tell me what type of vehicle I'm supposed to drive? Obviously a big truck is the way to go, but can I get by with an SUV? Assuming, of course, it is build from a truck's platform and not one of those girly crossovers. Oh and I'm assuming I can only drink beer or whiskey correct? Anything else and I'm not a man I assume?

Some people... ask a question about how others carry, and you will receive a citation from the fashion police.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Put me down as one that has never gone out in public with sweat pants on...

Get a pistol with a lanyard hole and tie it to your drawstring maybe....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Spoken like someone born in the mid part of the last century! Thanks great grampa!

Top Bottom