How prepared are you? (hypothetical situation)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    It would be well to have a BUG. My training is for Primary, BUG, Deep Cover, Long Gun, Shotgun, strong and weak handed precision shooting. Also holsters for all, prepped ammo, BOBs w/ 24-36hr supplies- bushcraft tools. Blades a plenty, all with a use if needed.
    Yes, 1000% prepped.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I buy a holster for every pistol that I buy. The wife still seems puzzled by it, but I just wouldn't feel right having a pistol I couldn't carry if need be.

orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    Firearm wise i would be screwed if something happened to my EDC. Self deference wise i will still be ok, have purple belt in tae kwon do and been taking Krav maga for about a year and half now.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Because of the constant limitations of clothing with my preferred gun, I have 3 different carry guns and multiple holsters.

Or did you mean what would I do in the next 30 seconds if I were in a bad situation without my EDC?

Does "scream like a girl" count?
    You answered the original question, however the 30 seconds you proposed might be something to consider.

Where did my pistol go in this hypothetical scenario?

Any multitude of places, perhaps you were forced to use it to defend yourself using it and that then made it police evidence, the legendary INGO boat accident, or I'm sure some other possible scenarios I can't think of right now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tomorrow your EDC is gone. How prepared are you with a backup, holster, ammunition?

This is a situation I found myself in this week and luckily was very prepared. Still, I spent a few hours at the range today. But 6 months ago I was not at all prepared for a situation where my primary carry gun was gone for any reason. That made me wonder how prepared the rest of INGO might be?

Spares of everything, including gun, holster, mags, etc.

One is none, two is one.
    Rinse and repeat.

I will go to the lock-box and dip out another one. Then with that one in hand I will go looking for the first one.

I like the way you think, so much so that I think and have planned in exactly the same way.

As before, I will go to the box and get out a third one. By this time I am pissed.

It is like we were separated at birth or something...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got an exact replica of my EDC, within 1400 serial numbers, so if my EDC becomes evidence, I still have my EDC. After that, I have many alternatives.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I don't have multiples of any particular gun but I do have holsters, spare mags and plenty of ammo fo every gun I have. I also do not only practice with my EDC. I shoot every gun I own. I also have multiple knives. I normally carry a small folder everyday and do lose one from time to time, normally in the laundry basket, and have to switch.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I basically have three of the same pistol. Lose one, go get another. Warrant takes all, I have this thing called INGO. I know of a few guys that would probably deliver whatever I needed, and vice versa.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Luckily, I was born a Texan and therefore know how to perform a flawless Texas reload. Lol. Stow or throw the empty and pull out another loaded one.
    If every last one in the house was gone, just have to hit the nearest cache. Next to that, I have family and friends who would happily pony up a loaner.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Any multitude of places, perhaps you were forced to use it to defend yourself using it and that then made it police evidence, the legendary INGO boat accident, or I'm sure some other possible scenarios I can't think of right now.

But what actually really happened to yours, as you mentioned in the OP?

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    But what actually really happened to yours, as you mentioned in the OP?

Mine is currently in evidence along with my Microtech :( I'm not being charged with anything however due to possible civil suits and the criminal cases not being closed, unfortunately it is not yet a story for Ingo..one day down the road it will be on here for critique and comment

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    All my pistols have holsters and are carried from time to time. My edc is whatever flavor I chose to carry that day. I wouldn't be hurting at all if one, two, three or 10 guns were missing. I also have many friends that would lend me any gun I want on a moments notice, no questions asked. Ammo is adequate for any of my guns I own. I guess I am pretty well prepared.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    To expand, I'm good at home with multiple identical setups, but there are also pre-po stashes in a couple other locales, and I'm sure that a buddy or two of mine may be able to help me get to the pre-pos safely!

Top Bottom