How often do you upgrade your cell phone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I upgrade...

• Total voters

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I usually upgrade every two years. I'm NOT glued to it 24/7, some folks are and that's their business but it's rude if someone is talking to you FTF.

I'm just hard on phones so when I'm due to upgrade, I do because usually the old phone is on its way out.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hate cell phones!! Yea I know you pretty much gotta have them these days. They always ring at the absolute worse times without fail. I seem to make a lot of people mad because I hate them so much I hardly ever answer mine. I have some Windows smart phone thingy that I don't know how to use very well. I was much happier with the Nextel walkie talkie setup before it lost its widespread fame.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I used to upgrade every chance I got.. I had to have the latest and the greatest. Now, not so much. I've had this phone (HTC Desire) since the day it was released. Even had to special order my otter box from Europe because nobody in the states had them yet. I've been out of the contract for about a year now, and still have no real desire to upgrade. If anything, I'll switch carriers just to get better reception where I live now.

My first smartphone was a Cingular 8125. Windows CE, Slide out keyboard, touchscreen, wifi, everything that was unheard of for the time. I could surf the web like a laptop, and had music to go well before ipods and mp3 players were mainstream. Sits in my desk drawer as a neat toy now. From there went to the Samsung Blackjack, 3 different blackberries, an iphone, and now my HTC. I was such a gadget freak a few years ago I would even buy the prepaid phones just to have them. The Samsung Juke SCH-U470 comes to mind... I loved that phone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFNaOLsWJeM

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Before smart phones I would usually use the phone until it broke. Now that I can sell my unlocked phone on eBay for over twice what I paid for it (when it's time for an upgrade), I'd be losing money by not getting the better phone ASAP.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to go with the i6 or the next galaxy that comes out. I'll probably just stick with what I know.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I upgrade when my phones are no longer usable. For me that tends to be every 22-26 months. I use my phones, not hard, but I use them to their capabilities. My iPhone was dropped in the toilet. I paid $85 to have the issue of not turning on fixed. Eventually the power button and the microphone went out, it got replaced. Before that I had a Windows Mobile phone that messed up, same issue with 3 phones that everyone had and AT&T said they had never seen before. Eventually I got tired of it and upgraded. I don't replace a phone just for fun... most of the time. :D

Top Bottom