• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've never "cleared" my house.

The day this guy (Leonidas, not my son) isn't there to greet me when I get home, I'm immediately unholstering and finding out what has happened.

DSC_0179.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Where I lived when I was A kid, it was very rare to see black people, just weren't any around the area. We had a border collie that would go nuts if he saw a black person. Maybe Mrevilwrench lives in an area like that.:dunno:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Never.

But one time I woke up and there was some crazy cloud to cloud lightning going on at like 2 in the morning. For a few seconds I was sure it was either alien invaders or black helicopters with search lights outside.

Then there was that time there was a black dude pissing on my neighbors lawn. I decided to let it go, because he was only 4 years old.

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    .... Are you serious? You don't see a problem with that? Did you train your dog to do that?

We had a racist Corgi when I was a kid. Hated black people, black dogs, black cats, any one wearing black.... it was pretty weird.

I've only had to "clear" my house once when I came home to find the front door standing wide open ( screen door closed). Kids must have left it open as no BG's were lurking.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    There could be people living in the downstairs bedrooms for a month at a time, and I wouldn't know as long as they were quiet about it.
    . Good one. LOL. Jimmy Hoffa could be living in the mess that we still haven't cleaned up in our basement from moving into the present house 9 years ago. My wife will get to it "As soon as I get some time."

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Ya know ... clearing your house or learning to clear your house is not a bad idea. I might be a little warped but you need to think of what you would do if ...?? Set up some senarios and consider your options. It's just a smart thing to do in this day and age.

Last year, I did not turn our home alarm on at night for about a month. I got out of the habit. One night at 3am, my daughter runs upstairs into our bedroom and tells me there is a white male in a white tshirt in her bedroom. He walked around the bed away from the door which allowed her to flee. Needless to say, we stayed in our bedroom while on the phone to 911 and waited for the Sheriff's Dept while holding my 45acp with Surefire light on the door. Once LE arrived, I had to leave the bedroom and open a door (they checked for entry and could not find one). We discovered my daughter was only dreaming. Two different police dogs did not pick up anything plus all our doors were locked.

I had practiced room clearing a number of times so it was not new to me. I recommend learning or knowing how to do this. You might need to clear a room for safety until help arrives.

ps. I've now put my 12 ga shotgun with Surefire light under the bed. Did you know with 00 and my VangComp shotgun, I can hold all 9 pellets in the head at around 8 yards.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Just now. Heard something fall in the living room. Looked around and dog was under me, so it couldn't have been him...

Did a quick sweep, must've been the cat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom