• How often do you carry

• Total voters

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Sadly, I don't carry as often as I should. Neither of my M-F jobs allow carrying at work, so I've just been keeping the gun(s) at home and only carrying on the weekends. I was never the person that always felt the need to have a gun with me wherever I go, but with more random shootings and seeing how people are getting less mentally right, I pretty much want to have a gun on me or near me whenever I can. I've started looking into mounted holsters for when I'm traveling in my car and lock boxes for when I'm at work and can't carry in. My office is right next to the exit and my car is always parked within 25ft of the door. Any suggestions on mountings and lock boxes would be appreciated.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a deal killer if the church leadership gives the go-ahead IN WRITING.

FIFY.

Dude you go to IU I'm assuming. It's not against the law to carry at school here in Indiana, it's just against the school's rules. Concealed is concealed at that point, I'm back in grad school and I most certainly go to campus every day "the right way" :):. For the window job go with either appendix or pants and an ankle holster.

No big deal as a student except for when you get kicked out and end up unable to complete your degree yet still have multiple semesters of student loans to pay back. Ouch.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Sadly, I don't carry as often as I should. Neither of my M-F jobs allow carrying at work, so I've just been keeping the gun(s) at home and only carrying on the weekends. I was never the person that always felt the need to have a gun with me wherever I go, but with more random shootings and seeing how people are getting less mentally right, I pretty much want to have a gun on me or near me whenever I can. I've started looking into mounted holsters for when I'm traveling in my car and lock boxes for when I'm at work and can't carry in. My office is right next to the exit and my car is always parked within 25ft of the door. Any suggestions on mountings and lock boxes would be appreciated.

This is what I have. Fort Knox pistol vault.

16E928DE-2881-408A-9CEC-5FF6A30C4BF1_zps1ukgkvx5.jpg

15C9590F-F8AF-4D59-ACB2-3CD47665DC96_zpsotrvggfu.jpg

58123BB0-7935-41C1-AA81-36B9E3250886_zps9s9gc3ng.jpg

I don't like the idea of removing a firearm out of a holster unless I plan on using it. I use a safariland holster with the QLS attachment that way the firearm stays in the holster.

79D4BEB8-843B-41F6-8249-2A6C27018098_zpsjzoifhnw.jpg

9B427533-244E-48AC-9D04-2B885144F57A_zpszka77b5e.jpg

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    This is what I have. Fort Knox pistol vault.

16E928DE-2881-408A-9CEC-5FF6A30C4BF1_zps1ukgkvx5.jpg

15C9590F-F8AF-4D59-ACB2-3CD47665DC96_zpsotrvggfu.jpg

58123BB0-7935-41C1-AA81-36B9E3250886_zps9s9gc3ng.jpg

I don't like the idea of removing a firearm out of a holster unless I plan on using it. I use a safariland holster with the QLS attachment that way the firearm stays in the holster.

79D4BEB8-843B-41F6-8249-2A6C27018098_zpsjzoifhnw.jpg

9B427533-244E-48AC-9D04-2B885144F57A_zpszka77b5e.jpg

That's not a bad looking setup. That's almost perfect for what I'm looking for.

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Before new job, it was on the belt when I woke up and didn’t come off until it was bed time. Current job conducts random vehicle inspections in which I would be terminated IF weapon was found so unfortunately it stays at home until I get there. They cannot search your person though so hmm..

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Including work (which I tend to forget about), I would agree with you. Since I work in Michigan, I can't even have it in my vehicle. My company does random property checks with K-9 units. If I'm caught, I'm fired. But every waking moment of non work days, I'm armed, when legal.

Take your guns into the car after shooting. If they hit on gunpowder, I wouldn't think that is likely, let them check. After a few times of doing this, they'll figure it out. :D

As for me. I work Wednesdays and Saturdays. I leave it in my car on those days. All the other days, unless I picked up a shift, I carry everywhere it is legal.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I pocket carry a j frame everywhere on weekends and after work. Sadly I do not carry M-F at work. Not really sure why, I guess I just feel uncomfortable leaving my gun in my truck, having it stolen would be a worst case scenario for me especially if it were used later in a crime.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Except where specifically 'banned' (public schools, court houses, etc.) I pretty much CC everywhere...

I'm on the Safety & Security Team at our church...I've CC'd in church since I started carrying in 1992...and we're developing / writing / implementing a safety program for the church services (3 every weekend) and all major events (seminars, youth-group on Wednesday evenings, etc.) just to keep an eye on what's going on and who's there!

I just view it as a responsibility to protect...and in today's world, sadly, it's needed!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I can't carry at work...they would fire me (craptacular blue-collar warehouse job..I'll let you guess which one!). It is in my car bag when at work. Don't see the point to carry in my home (it's sitting out and ready to go no kids now). So basically if I go out any where I'm wearing it..except for work.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can't carry at work...they would fire me (craptacular blue-collar warehouse job..I'll let you guess which one!). It is in my car bag when at work. Don't see the point to carry in my home (it's sitting out and ready to go no kids now). So basically if I go out any where I'm wearing it..except for work.
    Don’t see the point in carrying at home? Everyone knows statistics can be made up on the go, but how can you refute that 100% of home invasions happen in a home?

Take-A-Hike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As a new gun owner I don’t have the confidence or skill yet to carry, but I like to go walking/jogging in the evenings so my significant other is encouraging me to work on it. Thoughts on how to know when you are ready to start carrying?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Since I've injured my right hand, my carrying days are severely limited for awhile. Only having one usable hand, especially it being your weak hand, affects everything -- the clothes you wear, which pockets you can use, belt operation, "hygiene" issues ;) -- everything. Hopefully, this surgery will be successful and I'll get most of the function back or I'll probably be shopping for left handed holsters. :). Generally speaking though, I carry wherever I legally can, everyday.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As a new gun owner I don’t have the confidence or skill yet to carry, but I like to go walking/jogging in the evenings so my significant other is encouraging me to work on it. Thoughts on how to know when you are ready to start carrying?

Sign up for some training. You have some good options up your way. You don't have to get super-duper-master-operator trained before you start but I'd recommend at least some basic carry training with some dedicated to the legalities of Indiana gun laws.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County

A couple of things that help:

Shooting - range time and just getting comfortable handling and shooting is essential
    Reading - when I first got into guns it was back when paper magazines were still plentiful and popular. Of course there still are magazines but not as widespread. I'd suggest reading all the paperbacks by Masaad Ayoob (search that name on Amazon). He will help you with laws, tactics and best of all - mindset. Not everyone has the required mindset to carry a gun. Some can LEARN it....some cannot.

Top Bottom