• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    If she were to treat me like that there would be no sale. I understand from a business perspective that the lady can not pay for everyone who doesn't have exact change, however, she could at least be civil about it.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    that is easier said than done though. When we pack, I pull product off the wall of the store with prices already affixed to the item. With the number of products I sell, I don't have time to figure out and relabel everything. So I am one of those vendors that has a cash register and I charge tax on top of the price marked. If I lose a sale because of it I guess that's my loss. :dunno:
    I personally don't argue over a nickel here and there, Usually I have a nickel in my pocket that I can drop into the drawer to even it out. All vendors are different though.

I understand this point as well. The convenience for the customer could present an even more impactful inconvenience for the proprietor. I think the point I failed to make in my first post is that it is all about how the situation is handled and communicated. If done correctly, I am sure the nickle becomes a non-issue.

Although I am firm believer in the "customer is always right" philosophy (except when they are wrong), I realize it takes a lot of work to run a small or medium sized business in America, and that is what America thrives on. Thanks for reminding us (me).... sometimes we (I) forget! :ingo:

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    It comes down to customer service. I've told someone before that I can not accommodate their request, but I do it in a polite and respectful way. More and more often I see that people have forgotten simple manners, and I'm ashamed to say it's my generation more than any that is doing this. The situation could have been handled simply by her saying, "I'm sorry sir, but our policy is that all transactions must be in exact change."

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I have never been charged tax at any gun show. I know of a certain AR-15 company that is famous for treating gunshow customers like garbage. The guy behind the table was so rude he was choked at a show in Texas, after chasing down an "almost customer".

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I understand this point as well. The convenience for the customer could present an even more impactful inconvenience for the proprietor. I think the point I failed to make in my first post is that it is all about how the situation is handled and communicated. If done correctly, I am sure the nickle becomes a non-issue.

Although I am firm believer in the "customer is always right" philosophy (except when they are wrong), I realize it takes a lot of work to run a small or medium sized business in America, and that is what America thrives on. Thanks for reminding us (me).... sometimes we (I) forget! :ingo:

The situation was handled badly and I as a consumer would have been upset about it. I as a vendor wouldn't say :poop: to a customer if I had a mouthful of it. I may not have been happy about it, but you wouldn't have known.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And before that whole conversation over the nickel, I got another vendor to knock off several dollars off a leather belt. Hagglin' at gun shows, that's how I roll.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I know of a certain AR-15 company that is famous for treating gunshow customers like garbage. The guy behind the table was so rude he was choked at a show in Texas, after chasing down an "almost customer".
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was a few years ago, but still funny as hell. Last time I saw him I just about bust out laughing.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Should have paid with a credit card. Then she can pay the nickle that way, instead of complaining over your lack of one.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I saw a guy open an ammo box to check the ammo out and the seller YELLED and cussed at him.

Was it posted on the table to NOT open boxes? I know of several very large retailers that won't let you open boxes either.Do you just walk away from Walmart,Meijer,Rural King,K-mart or Farm & Fleet?:n00b:

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I think some of the sellers at gun shows are just tired of the constant stream of BS'ers, and by the time a normal guy comes along and opens a box, they freak. I can almost understand, but it's still NO way to do business!

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Horrible way to run buisness. That kind of person is looking for a 1 time customer. Which gets you by for now, but not the future. The key is to get repetitive customers who are happy, and spread the word. I can honestly say i have taken the bite to get the honest customer what they want by $5 once? But do you know what?......iv had those customers for years, and intend on having them for years to come. I can easily "give away $1-$5" when i feel its gonna make me hundreds. Hell i still made money then. To argue, and talk to someone like that over 5cents is rediculous. Cause we all know it's 5cents less of a profit for them. Stingy bastards do not survive in the retail market in todays world. Just my rant.

Top Bottom