• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Curious. I'm debating spending kind of a lot, or not a lot. It'd be interesting to see what you all did. :popcorn:
    My very first (first ever!!!), hand gun was given to me by my grandfather. It was a 5 shot, Smith & Wesson .32 Cal. rim fire (break up action), revolver along with a box of B.P. cartridges,... so that would make it very much free as well as an antique!
    O.k., that probably isn't what you were looking for, but it was my first. So to be more politically correct,... Back in the 70's, I bought my first hand gun,... it was a Ruger "Blackhawk" in a .44 Mag. Caliber. I paid $75.00 cash for it for at that time and then dropped about $50.00 more for a 410 reloading tool and dies. Both were used, but were in fine condition and the revolver shot better than I could hold it! I guess that by today's monetary standards I would have paid what (???), maybe 4 or 5 time more,..at least!?!?!

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    My first handgun was a Star BM 9MM and I paid about $200 for it. Kept it a few weeks and when I couldn't even find an extra magazine for it, I returned it and got my 1911, which I paid an extra $200 for it. Best choice I ever made!!!

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    If I recall it was a Colt Mark III 6 inch 357 for about $130 in the late 60's. I do remember a S&W Mdl 66 in 1974 for $149, a S&W Mdl 60 for $120 in 1972. Also in 1972 a 6 1/2 inch S&W Mdl 29 for $195.
    I still have the Mdl 66 it was an early one with stainless sights. A 60-4 replaced the mdl 60.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Colt detective special blue 5 shot 38 spl. Snubby
    Beautiful gun my oldest son now has.
    $55.00 w/box of wadcutters, holster, cleaning kit. Maces East side Indy 21st & Post rd in '60s

Top Bottom