• longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Insurance guy dropped by - he was very fair in discussing my losses

water damage repair est $4,200

damaged foundation from shifting soils, replacement of about 45 feet of foundation wall-unknown cost, engineer and contractor have to take a look. Can't wait for the reconstruction.

loss of paper reciepts and paper copies of tax records-just too funny. Water went right to the file boxes on the shelf with all these records and turned them to pulp. I saved them in a black paper bag and they are now one big dried mass of moldy paper. Still have the records, but they are useless. If I get an audit, will they understand?

I've been told to contact FEMA if my insurance declines to repair.

How much you out from the great flood of OH Eight?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm exceptionally sorry to hear you have damage to your home. Hopefully things work out, and everything gets taken care of.

We were lucky, and don't have any damages.

<----- won't post a rant about food costs, or taxes in this thread.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i should get off pretty easy, some duct work, carpeting, a few pieces of furniture the lower parts of some walls. a few grand, maybe. but no flood insurance. bah.

i hope all affected come through ok.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Ours should be about a grand, including equipment purchased to help dry things out. I have to put down a sheet of subfloor and redo the carpet, but I can do that myself. It would probably be another couple hundred in labor if I don't do the work. I have about 10 sq ft of drywall to redo. Our water heater decided to let loose, just as the basement was almost dry from the flooding. Great timing.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    $0, very lucky here. I'm one of if not the highest in the whole subdivision so I was just fine. Some houses down on the corner were definitely damaged though.

A buddy of mine lost pretty much everything but a few pairs of pants, some pool cues, his motorcycle, and car. He was washing ~700 DVDs by hand last week though.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Luckily there were no issues with my house. I had the usual heavy rain trickles of water in the basement, but it was nothing the sump pumps couldn't keep up with.

I found a used condom (at least it smelled used) in my front yard that came up out of the sewers. Other than that, not too much to report from my neck of the woods.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I found a used condom (at least it smelled used) in my front yard that came up out of the sewers. Other than that, not too much to report from my neck of the woods.
    You smelled it???? :scratch::eek::nuts::puke:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :):

No, but it sure was funny wasn't it.
    Scary more like it... hehehehe... I met you and didn't think you would do such a ... ummm.... weird thing but you never know. People surprise me all the time..

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Scary more like it... hehehehe... I met you and didn't think you would do such a ... ummm.... weird thing but you never know. People surprise me all the time..
    That was just a good first impression. :thumbsup: After you see my second impression, you won't expect any less of me. I smell/sniff things all the time, just for the reactions people give. Provided it's not usually anything like a used condom, but you should see the looks people give when you pick up a shoe off of the rack and sniff it. :):

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    That was just a good first impression. :thumbsup: After you see my second impression, you won't expect any less of me. I smell/sniff things all the time, just for the reactions people give. Provided it's not usually anything like a used condom, but you should see the looks people give when you pick up a shoe off of the rack and sniff it. :):

And I thought my life was boring! :lmfao:

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I lucked out, only cost me extra time and an extra 20 miles on my drive home coming back from Sellersburg. What was supposed to be a jaunt from I-65 -> I-465 -> I-70 -> IL-1 turned into a jaunt from I-65 -> I-465 -> I-70 -> US267 -> US40 -> US 231 -> US36 -> IL-1 due to the Charlie Foxtrot on I-70 West

USAShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008

Sounds like you should take more of your medication..

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger

:lmfao::lmfao:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Let me express my thoughts and concerns for those who have lost homes or belongings in the recent flood and record high water. Our home sits high so it was fine but the drive is another story. A lake wall and a levee collapsed to my North and sent an unprecedented amount of water thru the valleys and ditches southward. I lost 2 lower sections of my drive but have made temporary repairs so we can traverse the drive to the gravel county road.

Top Bottom