• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ok, i did some math, if your house can take out 5 city blocks in a fire from the rounds, then you MIGHT have too much. Since I dont live in the city, yay, no worries

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    How much is too much...why has your house shifted? A few months ago at work the talk
    turned to full auto weapons. My boss commented "who even needs something like that.
    To which I responded "yeah what kind of ' a$$#0/3' needs to fire off hundreds of rounds on
    a weekend anyway. My boss, a trap shooter, whimpered "hey wait a minute, I do".

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    i just get irritated when the media acts like 6000 is too much for you to own.

Lets face it, loading and firing off 6000 rounds in a civilian firefight is going to be quite tough anyway.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I probably have close to that amount in my forward supply point. More in long term storage. Not to mention powder and primers. Just checked my spreadsheet and I have 179 magazines in inventory. The last ban in 1994 made a lasting impression.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would really like to have close to 6,000 rounds ---per caliber--- Right now my son and I collect guns and ammo - buy ammo in bulk when prices are good and reload almost every caliber of firearm we own... Currently that is over 30 calibers. So I would like to have about 180,000 rounds or the equivalent reloading components. Not there yet but we have at least 30K of loaded ammo and enough components to reload most of the brass at least once. (Actually we don't intend to keep 6K of ammo for each of our revolver calibers - hard to justify when you would have to work at it to use a lot of ammo in a wheel gun.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    In the years that my son and I were competing together, we used to reload between 15,000 and 20,000 rounds per year. That may seem like a bunch, but I know other shooters who were closer to 1000 rounds per week without breaking a sweat.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I know a few people who have a nice collection of guns,and you could fit all the ammo they have in your front pockets.
    Keep buying and reloading,when you get enough, you'll know.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    i just get irritated when the media acts like 6000 is too much for you to own.

Lets face it, loading and firing off 6000 rounds in a civilian firefight is going to be quite tough anyway.
    I just get irritated by those posting here with "Who needs xxxx rounds of ammo" because they didn't prepare and can't find any on the store shelves. It isn't just the media painting "hoarders" in a bad light.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You use 3-5k rounds a year?!? I Probably don't use 300 a year on good years and the past few I've used sub-100 a year, who can afford it?!?!

I think some peoples purpose for buying a gun is to see how fast they can shoot the barrel out of it. I don't shoot much at all either. Even reloading, it still costs a good penny to go out and shoot up a box of 50 handgun rounds.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I think some peoples purpose for buying a gun is to see how fast they can shoot the barrel out of it. I don't shoot much at all either. Even reloading, it still costs a good penny to go out and shoot up a box of 50 handgun rounds.

I know. Putting rounds down range is great, especially for maintaining competency... but pffft I just can't afford it. I do a lot of dry fire drills and my daily carry I have a nearly true-to-weight airsoft version of that I use at realistic self-defense distances with sticky targets, that's all this poor guy can afford.

Side note: your avatar makes me laugh, they call me Rusty Shackleford at work.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know. Putting rounds down range is great, especially for maintaining competency... but pffft I just can't afford it. I do a lot of dry fire drills and my daily carry I have a nearly true-to-weight airsoft version of that I use at realistic self-defense distances with sticky targets, that's all this poor guy can afford.

Side note: your avatar makes me laugh, they call me Rusty Shackleford at work.

If I didn't have to pay for components, spend hours reloading it and clean the guns when I was done, I'd shoot a few hundred every day. I could afford to do that if I wanted to but I've got other priorities as well.

Top Bottom