• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a half dozen 55 gallon drums stacked on their sides in my garage. In a couple I stack the long gun boxes and in another get tossed the handgun boxes. Some of them have been stored in there for close to 20 years and they have stayed in good condition.

Funny thing though, I recently went through them and pulled out 6 or 7 rifle boxes for guns I had sold but forgot to include the box.

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    I'm personally more of a collector and can agree that on most modern firearms, the box isn't that critical to me. But then again. Back in the day when some of these collectable firearms were new most people likely thought the same. On anything pre 89 that I'm looking for a box is a must for me. Of course there are people less critical of these details. The more important thing to me most of the time is factory accessories.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This thread made me go look in my safe. I have a S&W 66 sitting in it's original box with all of the original accessories and paperwork. Heck it even has the waxy paper that it was wrapped in when it came from the factory. I bought the pistol in the early 80s. Guess it pays to be a "pack rat" sometimes...

Top Bottom