Aug 8, 2012
    a75bb.jpg

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    man terre haute indiana top gun charges 50 dollars for a transfer

You can prolly find something there in Vincennes.

Firearms in Terre Haute | Buy, Sell and Trade Guns | Firearm Transfers
    Terre Haute Guns is $10 right now!!! (ffl transfers)

Most anything saying "top", "#1", "aaa" (triple A) or "supreme", anything like
    that denoting that they are "better than the rest" is usually compensating for
    something, like a guy buying a sports car with a big engine... INFERIOR, :laugh:

Terre Haute Guns has a great selection of handguns, and GREAT PRICES!
    I also like Alpha Arms ( alphaarmsindiana.com ) and they charge $20 for FFL transfers.

THG is having a big weekend sale right now, they are matching the best prices I have seen online for most items,
    (as REGULAR PRICES!) and discounting nearly another 10% off that for BLACK FRIDAY and Sat, Sunday!
    (Yes, Open Sunday!)
    THG is on hwy 46 in Riley, about 3-4 miles south of I-70, exit 11 @ Terre Haute.
    :ingo: Tell them INGO sent ya!
    (I have no connection to THG, I just went in there my first time today and they have great price and selection for this area)

Last edited:

Picit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Kokomo IN
    I work at a shop and it's a paperwork nightmare and I don't blame anyone for charging more than the guy down the street, it's lots of red tape...just because a shop charges ten, twenty or fifty it's their choice..

Last edited:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    After two weeks of waiting for my blemished lower from PSA they called me today and told me that Blyth's wants me to come in and fill out some forms before they can ship it. I told them to send it to Cabela's instead. They only charge $35. Happy me.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I work at a shop and it's a paperwork nightmare and I don't blame anyone for charging more than the guy down the street, it's lots of red tape...just because a shop charges ten, twenty or fifty it's their choice..

The problem for the shop that charges $50 is that no one will want their items transferred there. I called and asked if they had any lowers for sale and the cheapest one they had was a Spikes and they wanted $135 + tax. I bought a lower from PSA for $69 and they wanted to charge me $50 to transfer it. I don't think so. If I could have gotten a deal even close to that I would have bought local.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread like this to help INGO members pick an FFL that doesn't screw it's customers. I've had two lowers transferred now:

Cabela's in Hammond charges $35, Blythe's in Griffith charges $50. I'll never go in Blythe's again. JMO of course.

They don't do it because it's 'fair'...they do it so you're more likely to purchase a gun through them rather than online and have it shipped in!

In New Haven...both guys will do it for $25...one will not transfer a brand new gun...used only! I can understand that!

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It is great to receive the $15.00 fee but there is still the additonal cost for the FFL fee on the shipping end plus the addional cost to ship the gun.

Top Bottom