• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Over $10,000! I paid for my daughter to go to school. She now cuts hair in Ft. Wayne, so she doesn't charge my wife and I for our hair cuts. she said we have already paid enough. She is located in Coventry.:rockwoot:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    $11 + tip at a local barber shop. I had to do some research to find a good one. I had been going to other places, and I decided it was time to find a place where men can get their hair cut, neck shaved, and come out smelling like men. Luckily, I found the second place I went to be the best one, so I've been going there for several months now.

There are men that cut hair there, but there are two ladies that take the walk in customers that are just as awesome. They're not stylists, they're barbers, and they're not snotty or pretentious as some stylists I've seen.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    However much electricity it costs to run the clippers for 15 minutes. Bald fade (unless I mess up then I go bald) to a 1 on top. I'm bald right now due to forgetting to adjust the clippers when I went back to the top:(

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Allen's barber shop in Mooresville. $11 + tip, I will never get another haircut at great clips.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    $10 at the local barber shop where there is a bear skin on the wall, two antelope and several deer mounts from his hunts.

No tip. (It's a cash business, it just goes in his pocket anyway;))

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Free!!

As many may know, I jointed the Indiana National Guard in November....for some reason they said I should get a haircut.

Here it is now.

IMG950282.jpg

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I cut my own, lol.
    This. Bought my first set of Wahl clippers in 1998, had to get a replacement set last winter when the motor in the first set died. I've also cut hair for several friends and roommates over the years. My usual rate was a spicy chicken combo from Wendy's.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Lee's Barbershop on 62nd in Indianapolis. $11 + tip. I try to go every 6 weeks. The owner still comes in and is the first one there and the last to leave. He says there's always time for a haircut.

Ditto on Lee's. He's a former Marine and left a leg in SE Asia. The bonus with Lee is that you can always get the inside skinny on what's on sale at Lowe's ("bug spray is three for a dollar, but you have to hurry cuz people are buying it up") or how much wood he's cut for that little cabin by his fishing hole or how he's in dutch with his daughter for missing her birthday.

The sign says we open at 0800, but I've been by there as early as 0545, barber pole lit and spinning, him sitting in a chair and reading the paper and waiting for customers.

Best Lee story: One of those early dark mornings, a dirtbag shows up and points a gun in Lee's face and says, "Give me the money, old man." Lee says, "What are you? Stupid? You want to rob me first thing in the morning? Come back later when there's some money." And slams the door in his face.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom