• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I had been considering getting a suppressor(s). I just recently learned that you don't need one for each caliber but can have one for several. Is that true?

My question is

Is there any reduction in suppressing capability when suppressors are purchased for each caliber?

Is there any empirical data sites on db reduction for each suppressor type?

I would like to cover the gamut in pistol calibers .22 through .45. At a minimum how many suppressors would be needed? What one's would cover what calibers.

Finally in rifles, can they also cover multiple calibers? would want to cover .223 through .308.

Where do I begin? What kind of money am I talking?

:) Yes lots of questions and no answers.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    If you really wanted to cover all those calibers with the least amount of suppressors, I would get (1) .22, (1) .45, and (1) .308. As for which ones, and how much, theres way too many to list. I dont have any personal experience with any of them yet, so Ill let others do that part.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Good advice above. I've shot my .30 cal can on several .223's and it sounds good. Here's a video I shot of .223 and .30 cal cans on an M-16

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ffVV0-0Iik&sns=em[/ame]

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Just keep in mind that you wont have the same sound reduction when using a .45 supressor on a 9mm as you would with a 9mm. Still will be quite a reduction though. Good luck! I cant wait to pick up a supressor for my 300 blackout rifle :D

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well I have pistol and pistol carbines that I want to use the suppressors on. I figure the .32, .380, and 9mm could share one can, but am wondering if a .45 would be better purchased separately or if a .45 would cover all. The pistol carbines are already relatively quiet compared to pistol length barrels anyway.

The video was a nice learning experience.

Top Bottom