How many of this list of 10 SHTF guns do you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many do you own?

• Total voters

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Not crazy about everything on this. Ruger Mini 30, Garand and Mosin would not make my list in view of other choices. The rest I am down with as long as substitutions are allowed for each brand.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Dang. Im coming up short. If I can sub a .40 for 9mm, I can add one. I do also have a 30/30 for simplistic heavier rifle too. I do have multiples of some of them, can I count any twice? LOL!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    IMO that list is as worthless as teets on a boar. For example I wouldn't keep a 9mm if you gave it to me, I don't like remington at all, AR is never going to enter my house, etc...

There is no other sound in the world that will strike fear into a home invader like the “rack- rack” sound of a 12 gauge shotgun shell being chambered into an 870.
    LMAO....here, I'll fix it.
    There is no other sound in the world that will give away your position to a home invader like the “rack- rack” sound of a 12 gauge shotgun shell being chambered into an 870.

ETA There isn't a single revolver on the list either. WTF?

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have 2: Mosin and AR

This list sucks. Many of the weapons listed are reduntant ie: AR and AK and the mini-30 or mini-14. All occupy the exact same role, same with the .45 ACP 1911 and 9mm pistol, same with the .22s.

Whenever anyone mentions the mythical "knockdown power" of a .45 ACP and then questions the "knockdown" power of the 5.56x45 in the same blog they instantly loses credibility with me. The 30-40 krag produces roughly 4x the energy of a .45 ACP, there is no chance in hell that the .45 ACP has more "knockdown power." Furthermore, there are more Eastern Front Mosin glory day stories to strengthen the case for the Mosin.

And if this writer's credibility wasn't already shot (no pun intended), bad guy pants soiling shotgun cha-chinks are described.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    This list sucks. Many of the weapons listed are reduntant ie: AR and AK and the mini-30 or mini-14. All occupy the exact same role, same with the .45 ACP 1911 and 9mm pistol, same with the .22s

This kind of list is more for drumming up business for gun manufacturers. How many guns do you really need when SHTF? Take a look at the battlefield. That's probably worse than any situation we civilians will find ourselves in, yet our soldiers aren't exactly dragging ten guns each around with them.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    This kind of list is more for drumming up business for gun manufacturers. How many guns do you really need when SHTF? Take a look at the battlefield. That's probably worse than any situation we civilians will find ourselves in, yet our soldiers aren't exactly dragging ten guns each around with them.

That's why they won't be able to fend off the zombies. Need all ten or fail.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    5 , but like others, my number would go up if any of the other 3 22 rifles I own were substituted for the 10/22. And, a Garand would be nice to have, but I'll take my LR308 any day of the week.

Top Bottom