• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    Congrats. You might want to bookmark kahrtalk.com for Kahr-specific info. You should definitely check the "Proper prep of a new Kahr" and "Kahr Lube Diagram" posts for useful info early on.
    Hey thanks much for the links. It's really my wife's Kahr, and I told her that we have to clean and lube the little gun before she shoots it. My brother gave me a bottle of lube with PTFE in it. It makes things slicker than.... well, just about anything. That's going in the new Kahr for sure

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    I have the CM 40 and it is a great gun, and the recoil is no worse than my wife's Sig 938 9mm. The 40 has more flip, but just barely so. I like the ability to shoot the 165-180 grain 40's over 115-124 gr 9mm's

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the CM9 as well, love it. BUT there is a definite break in period that I had to go through. Others have told me theirs worked fine right out of the box. Mine took about 250 rounds to settle into a dependable carry weapon. I almost gave up on it, very glad I didn't. It is my EDC now.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    Thank you for all of your information, I to had been looking at a CM9 for a few months. After reading your comments I added one to my collection today.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    CM9 owner here. Has anyone else had issues with the nose of the bullets hanging up on the feed ramp? It seems that the if the bullet isn't all the way towards the back side of the magazine the bullet hangs up the feed ramp and causes a failure to feed.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    CM9 owner here. Has anyone else had issues with the nose of the bullets hanging up on the feed ramp? It seems that the if the bullet isn't all the way towards the back side of the magazine the bullet hangs up the feed ramp and causes a failure to feed.
    How many rounds do you have through the gun? Do you ride the slide in or use the slide release? In the manual it will tell you to use the slide release to load the chamber. After you have over the 200 round break in through it it may be easier to load without the slide release. Both Kahr's that I have had loosened up alot after about 300 rounds. Jim

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    How many rounds do you have through the gun? Do you ride the slide in or use the slide release? In the manual it will tell you to use the slide release to load the chamber. After you have over the 200 round break in through it it may be easier to load without the slide release. Both Kahr's that I have had loosened up alot after about 300 rounds. Jim

I have at least 200-300 rounds through it. It doesn't happen on the initial loading as I'm now conscious of this happening and always push the rounds to the back of the magazine. This weekend it happened 3 times and I only sent 30 rounds down range.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have at least 200-300 rounds through it. It doesn't happen on the initial loading as I'm now conscious of this happening and always push the rounds to the back of the magazine. This weekend it happened 3 times and I only sent 30 rounds down range.

Have you polished the feedramp? Mine has done it on the first round in if I ride the slide in, but not on second,Third or any after that. I have had some rounds walk out a little in the mag before. Most of all problems have stopped with the more rounds that you put through the gun. I remember on Kahrtalk guys sending thier guns back and they come back with the feed ramp polished. Jim

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

Is this with the 6 round mag? My 7 round mag used to nose dive, second or third round. Cartridge would be pointed down and sort of wedged under the feed ramp. Never happens with the standard 6 round mag. Sanded and polished the right side of the follower on that 7 mag and the problem went away. There is a whole discussion about it on Kahr Talk Forum.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is this with the 6 round mag? My 7 round mag used to nose dive, second or third round. Cartridge would be pointed down and sort of wedged under the feed ramp. Never happens with the standard 6 round mag. Sanded and polished the right side of the follower on that 7 mag and the problem went away. There is a whole discussion about it on Kahr Talk Forum.
    ^^^^^^ What he said^^^^^^^^

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside

exactly what mine is doing the nose dive under the feed ramp. Happens on both the 6 round and 7 round magazine. I'll have to look on kahrtalk!

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    exactly what mine is doing the nose dive under the feed ramp. Happens on both the 6 round and 7 round magazine. I'll have to look on kahrtalk!

I think you will find it in the Karh-TECH section of Karh Talk. Basically you want to first check that the mag springs are oriented correctly. Apparently it not uncommon for them to be installed backwards. Then unload the gun. disassemble the mags. Insert the disassembled mag into the gun. Using the mag spring slowly push the follower up the length of the mag casing. If you feel a catch before the follower reaches the top that's your problem. The right side of the follower is hooking on the mag release. sanding the right front of the follower until it no longer catches will fix that. After a little break in time, it becomes a very nice weapon.

Top Bottom