• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    I really like the looks of the little CM9 and most reviews are favorable but I'd like real world opinions from real owner/shooters. I like the 40 too, but wonder if recoil would be a problem with such a small pistol.

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    I have cm9 and really like it. It shoots well and recoil is very manageable. For some pants its a little to large for pocket carry. I have also owned a pm40 which IMHO was a bit to much for such a small gun. It too was.accurate, but with my big hands I couldn't hang on to it. About every third shot I had to regrip the gun

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a Kahr CM9 and sold it to get a Glock G19 and regreted it from the time I sold it. It worked Great and loved the size. Got the G19 for IDPA and carry. Ended up selling the G19 and went back to a Kahr CW9 and have shot some IDPA,Steel and even a USPSA match a couple of weeks ago. It made a fun IDPA gun but a little behind on the rest but I love to shoot it. I still missed my CM9 so much I ended up with the best of both worlds - A Covert. This is my favorite all time hand gun. Jim
    covert2.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Count me in too. I've been through a LCR and a LC9 and just never was all that comfortable pocket carrying either one of them. The LC9 was just a hair too big to pocket carry and the LCR a little thick, but the CM9 is perfect! Just barely big enough for me to get two fingers on the grip, so it's as small as it can be for me to get a decent grip on. Fits nicely in my pockets. Completely disappears in cargo shorts.

I shoot it far better than I shot either of the above as well. Fairly long trigger, but nothing compared to the LC9. The front strap is pretty aggressive, but I like it that way. You'll definitely know the front strap is aggressive after a 100+ rounds though. haha. Whereabouts in SW Indiana are you? We may be able to work out a time when you can shoot mine when I'm not at school.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I've tried a handful of pocket pistols ,Pf9, tcp738, p3at, beretta 950, pf9 again, bg380.... end up hating something about them. But the cm9 replaced them all and I haven't looked back sense. First time I'm not trading or selling a pocket pistol after a few months

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I bought a CM-9 a while back. I've put a few hundred rounds through it. Although I am an experienced handgun shooter, there was a learning curve with the Kahr. Most of my retraining included a gripping technique that kept the thumb low and out of the way of the slide release. I found that my pistol shoots better with 124 gr. weight bullets as opposed to 115 grain bullets. I'm now pretty comfortable with the pistol. Mine is very reliable and I like the fact that it has the cut rifling in the barrel as opposed to the polygonal rifling of the PM-9, because I reload and like the option of shooting lead bullets. I think I'll add a laser sight, i.e. Crimson Trace, down the road.

Kahr has a very good rep regarding supporting their products and they carry model specific accessories. Those two things are important to me.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I have a PM9 and it is a good little gun.
    I don't have any complaints about it at all.
    However, since I picked up a CW9, it hasn't left the safe.
    The CW9 is just a little bigger, holds one more round, and still very easily concealed.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My cm9 is a keeper.

One gripe.
    I think white dot front sight & similar sized white square on rear to line up below it is really bad for a gun you may potentially need to shoot in a hurried & stressful situation. This is obviously very fixable but it begs the 'what were they thinking' question.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I guess that is a matter of taste. Works fine for me. Just bring the two dots together. If the back one is too high, you won't see the front. What could be easier?

You can make the same complaint about the three dot system.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I took a toothpick and took the bar off of my sight. It comes off in one piece. With my CW9c I turned the sight around and opened it up a little for more light around the front sight. Much better sight than "Dotting the i" sight picture. These Kahr's seem to get better the more you shoot them. Jim

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    My cm9 is a keeper.

One gripe.
    I think white dot front sight & similar sized white square on rear to line up below it is really bad for a gun you may potentially need to shoot in a hurried & stressful situation. This is obviously very fixable but it begs the 'what were they thinking' question.

I have actually become very fond of it. I figured I would feel about the same about as any normal 3 dot, but I have come to like it MUCH better. I can acquire it more quickly for quick sight pictures, and it hasn't seemed to have affected any of my precision. I guess it's a personal preference, but I was impressed by it.

Top Bottom