• Total voters

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Tonight I decided to empty the safes and take stock of the guns & ammo situation. Counting the guns is no biggie, it's the ammo that takes a while to count up.

I like to see where I am and where I need to go.

But I am curious, how many of you run the bi-annual/annual/monthly inventory?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I would count monthly (which is what I voted in the poll), but I can't seem to keep my stuff off the bottom of the Ohio River ;)

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I voted 'once a year or more'. I don't inventory ammunition but I do keep a goodly supply of each caliber I shoot. I update my firearms inventory whenever I buy or sell a piece so that I always have serial numbers, and then double check the list and put it in the safety deposit box every January.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I update my inventory upon new acquisitions. As far as ammo inventory, I say, "Why bother?". You can NEVER have too much ammo!

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I try to keep track of the firearms............ammo another thing........................My habit was for years if I found nothing to buy at a gunshow, I'd buy a brick of .22 RF. Tried once to figure out how much I had but failed. I will say that I had to reinforce the floor in the room where I kept it:n00b:...........................:@ya:......<>< Duce

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I use an excel spreadsheet. I keep track of all of the ammo I buy on it. As I shoot it I adjust the spreadsheet accordingly. The spreadsheet also keeps track of what I pay for a certain round and how many I have shot certain guns. On another page I keep track of all the weapons with serial numbers. I also keep photos of all guns.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Hard to keep track of how much ammo I have....

Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark_Government_.jpg

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Serial numbers are religously kept up to date. I need to take pictures, that's a good idea.
    I have most of my ammo in a permanent stash and have constantly updated records of it.
    The extra that I set aside to use....well, no need in records. I leave it out where I can see what I have.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I use an excel spreadsheet. I keep track of all of the ammo I buy on it. As I shoot it I adjust the spreadsheet accordingly. The spreadsheet also keeps track of what I pay for a certain round and how many I have shot certain guns. On another page I keep track of all the weapons with serial numbers. I also keep photos of all guns.

I don't do the excel spreadsheet,but I do keep a running inventory sheet on the inside of the safe with current round count.

Only thing I've been shooting lately has been a few 9mm and a decent amount of plinking with the .22.

Would you mind sharing the spreadsheet for a look on how you have it set up?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have to admit that I am bad about serial numbers. Need to do a better job of recording these. I don't have so many guns that it would take more then a few minutes.

Never used to keep much ammo on hand until recently. In the past if you wanted to go shooting you just stopped by the store on the way to the range. Now with the prices I keep a closer eye on my supply. I always try to keep a couple of hundred rounds for each gun. I don't want to contribute to the panic buying but I do want to always have a little on hand for recreational purposes.

CallMeBud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    The Sunny Side
    I always inventory the firearms and serial numbers upon purchase. Pictures would be a good thing to do. I just recently started to inventory the ammo. Matter of fact, I still need to complete that project.:)

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I always know how many guns Ive got and what I've got. I need to start writing down serial numbers though. I do need to go t hrough and do a round count on ammo though. Which won't be too hard till I get to the chinese 7.62x39. I took most of it off the stripper clips to fit it all in a SAW can. And it was 2 cases plus around 450 rds worth. That's alot of counting!!!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I take detailed pictures of EVERY firearm I own. Most of them are in my bound book since they are C&R purchases. I keep an inventory of my ammo on a word document...all 13,000rds of it.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I try to keep track of everything. Guns/Ammo/Round Count per Gun, When i bought a gun/ammo, Who i bought it from and price. Its pretty easy to do in excel.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I did it on ammo a month ago. I am waiting for a rainy day when there is nothing else to do.....to write down serial numbers and such.
    I used to keep tract of all that very closely but I been lax lately

Top Bottom