• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Its not a problem if you OC but when you CC are you dressed in such a maner that people cant tell you are carrying a gun?

Im just wondering that when I see how some people dress.
    They are dressed only with "tactical" style of clothing and wear brands such as 5.11 or Blackhawk.
    They look "tacticool" from head to toe and think nobody has a clue they carry a gun.

tactical_shirt.jpg

It's maybe not obvious to the "non-gun people" but when I see someone dressed like that I think that there is 90% chances this guy is armed.

Maybe some of you dont care how low profile you are, you may not even care if your gun is priting.

Im not even talking about the people who wear clothes with brands of firearms such as a "Glock" hat or a "Beretta" shirt, cammo pants or pro-gun shirts.

1907500616368048.jpg

Im not against showing your support to the 2nd Amendment or your favorite brand of firearms but I dont see how it goes well with CC.
    That's the kind of clothing I would wear at a OC event or if I OC everyday but not if I want to CC and be low profile.

Do you think about that when you dress?
    Do you care or not?
    Have you ever spotted someone who made you think he/she was armed by the way he/she dressed?

I would like to hear you opinion on that.
    People who OC are welcome to give their opinion too. :D

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't wear tactical clothing or advertize any cause with what I wear. I try to blend in with the others so nobody can tell that I'm different(see picture below). I wear looser button up shirts to conceal my CC...people probably just think I'm fatter then I actually am.

I have spotted people wearing gun type shirts and generally give them more scrutony to see if I can figure out where they're hiding the firearm.

FoxHunt.jpg

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    This will sound like I'm being a smart ass, but I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. Is this a PSA that we need to be careful how we dress?

To answer the questions at the end:

Yes, Depends, and Yes.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When I choose to CC, I do try to actually conceal. That's the whole point ;) I must do it well enough, since I've never gotten a second look.

I don't own a bunch of "gun" t-shirts or tactical clothing. Not my style. I do have a couple of pairs of jeans that fit my IWB holster pretty well. I also have a few loose (but still nice looking) patterned shirts that break up any outline that might "print". My wife can tell I'm CC-ing by my outfit :D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Do you think about that when you dress? Yes
    Do you care or not? Depends on the situation.
    Have you ever spotted someone who made you think he/she was armed by the way he/she dressed? Absolutely

I would like to hear you opinion on that.
    People who OC are welcome to give their opinion too. :D

Wearing uber "TactiCool" gear is basically the same as OC'ing.

Wearing "Gun Advertising" is basically the same as OC'ing.

I'm a jeans/Khaki's + polo shirt, diaper bag carrying, stroller pushing, toddler son hand holding guy 90% of the time when I'm in public (I carry 100% of the time I'm not working). I doubt very seriously that people look at me and think "I bet that guy's got a gun on him" usually.....

The other 10% of the time I'm OC'ing my GI model 1911 or G22 with spare mags rocking a TSG hat with my INGO patch on the backstrap.... Just kind of depends on what I'm doing out and about.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    When I choose tactical clothing, I try to make sure that it's discreet. I wear 5.11 polo shirts and EOTech pants and shorts. These are comfortable and sturdy, but don't have straps and MOLLE all over them. I have seen several people out with gun "stuff" on (mostly hats,) and I can usually spot their carry piece.

I think there are times when your CC needs to be somewhat discreet and times when it has to be discreet. Since I'm in Texas, I have to be careful that no one notices my gun due to our concealed only restriction.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I don't change the way I dress simply because I carry. There are plenty of guns that aren't detectible even if you are dressed in a more fitting style. I wear business casual in my office and fitted t-shirts the rest of the time. The only time I risk being "caught" is if I raise my hands and my shirt comes up, and if I am quick enough on the draw I won't ever have to be in that position. :D

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Anyone here who has met me will vouch for me-
    I wear plain jeans or cargo shorts, t-shirts with no logos, and regular tennis shoes- usually lowtop Chuck Taylors. My daily wardrobe is pretty nondescript, nothing about it says "I'm armed". I do wear a Specter last resort belt, but my untucked shirt covers it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I manage to pull off the "completely tacticool yet low profile" look no matter what I wear or how I carry. :cool:

But I understand that there are others who are not as cool as I am and should probably consider such things. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I tend not to obcess about what I wear when I carry. I'm not into all that "tacticool" stuff and I usually don't wear hats or t-shirts with gun related stuff. While I don't go around advertising that I carry, I wear whatever feels comfortable and if my firearm might have a chance to show, as long as it's legal to OC or CC then so be it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I carry either my G27 or my S&W 642 in the appendix position. I have used this position for the last 15yrs. I have found that I can wear pretty much whatever I want, in doing so, I blend in nicely. In the warmer weather, I tend to wear my Nike Pro Dri-Fit shirts to keep the sweating to a minimum. They are form fitting so I will wear my 642 more, it has no sharp corners on the grip to print. Most people are astonished that I am carrying wearing clothes that look like I would not be able to conceal anything. Only in the winter would I ever wear my pistols on my hip since it is the least concealable place to put it and requires more clothing to cover it.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Us bigger boys usually wear baggy clothing, so its easier for us to carry concealed.

I have carried into Victory Field 3 times this season and no one has had a clue yet :D. Once even in shorts.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I tend to CC most of the time for the simple reason that I prefer to not tuck my shirt in. I really don't care if its printing or not. I don't wear my shirt that way to hide my weapon. I wear it that way because that's just the way I wear my shirts. I normally don't choose what I'm wearing based on the fact that I'm carrying. I may however, change the way I carry based on what I'm wearing. If what I'm wearing at the time means OC is more convenient, so be it.

I don't think most people we encounter in our daily lives have much of a clue regardless of what we're wearing. Most people, unfortunately, just aren't that observant.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think this is just common sense. If you're CCing, then you really wouldn't want to wear a shirt that says anything that screams "I'm carrying a gun!"

If you're OCing, then go as tactical as you want.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom