How long have you gone without shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    It's been a couple months or longer for me. Originally I couldn't shoot very often because I couldn't find ammo, now I have plenty of ammo but no time.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    I didnt even open my safe after the buying craze started. i knew i couldnt find any ammo to replace what i had so i just forgot about guns all together for a while. saved alot of money lol. just now starting to get back in it the last month or so, been shooting quite a bit lately.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    To answer the question, too long. I did shoot some .22 last weekend but unless I take a day off during the week my little ones soak up any time we have to spare. As our son gets older I will get back into the groove more, but for now I fit a mag or two in whenever I can!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My shooting has really slowed down. I did pop a deer and a yote the last couple of weeks and shot the sh.. with an old buddy yesterday.
    I broke my foot 3 months ago and it's not healing right (maybe I should stay off it like the doc insisted I do).
    I missed two hunting trips and a chance to tear up my old CJ recently. Bummer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My shooting has really slowed down. I did pop a deer and a yote the last couple of weeks and shot the sh.. with an old buddy yesterday.
    I broke my foot 3 months ago and it's not healing right (maybe I should stay off it like the doc insisted I do).
    I missed two hunting trips and a chance to tear up my old CJ recently. Bummer.

Well Harry you are a Yote and a dear ahead of me. Not a deer hunter but we enjoy busting Coyote.

We intend to end the dry spell today if the weather holds.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I actually feel a little better now. I thought I was the only one who did not get out to the range a lot! When I read posts here on INGO it seems to me that folks are wearing out their guns shooting so much.

Loading 100's if not 1000's of rounds during the week. Shooting them on the weekend. Then start over.

This actually gives me renewed hope that I can stick with the shooting sports.

I need to be patient as I get back into it. I need some gear and I want it all now, but I just have to be patient.:)

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I've gone as long as 3 months between shooting, but I practice holstering every other day as well as trigger control in an empty gun. and sometimes when the wifes gone I'll practice clearing the entire house as though I am looking for a someone.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I hate to admit it but it has been a few months since I have shot. My best friend is going through a vicious divorce, and I have been helping him all I can. I really have no excuse, plenty of ammo, can shoot at my son's and friends rural homes all within 10 mile, any time I want. Friend with 500 yard range has asked me to shoot there this summer, and my club is about 1/2 hour away, I have plenty of ammo. Just haven't felt like it lately. Really need to get back in the groove.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    It's been about six weeks since I pulled any trigger at all. It wasn't even any of my own guns... I haven't warmed up my guns in close to four months and I've only actually been out shooting a few times this year. The ammo shortage and increased range fees really put a damper on my range time.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I hate to admit it but it has been a few months since I have shot. My best friend is going through a vicious divorce, and I have been helping him all I can. I really have no excuse, plenty of ammo, can shoot at my son's and friends rural homes all within 10 mile, any time I want. Friend with 500 yard range has asked me to shoot there this summer, and my club is about 1/2 hour away, I have plenty of ammo. Just haven't felt like it lately. Really need to get back in the groove.

Looks like you are in Frankfort Larry. Please tell me you need dental work done...have I got a deal for you. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's been just under two weeks since my last range trip.

I used to go weekly until the ammo crunch. I went to the range after work on the day of the Sandy Hook shooting and not again until maybe a couple of months later. After the ammo dried up I didn't want to use up my ammo without knowing when I could replenish. I started going to the range again after I came across a case of 9mm I didn't know I had. Wife must have just stuck it down there after it was delivered and forgot to tell me about it. First thing I thought was RANGE TIME!

So until fairly recently I went maybe a month or so between range trips, mostly shooting 9mm and sometimes .223, but maybe 6 or 7 months without shooting any .22LR. Now it's about twice a month.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My longest stretch was about 23 years. I shot a bunch back in the 1970's, then just a bit when I moved to CA in the early 80's. I went from around 1985 until 2008 without shooting at all. I've tried to make up for it since then with as many as 3 trips a week. I now average about 1.5 range trips per week, or about 6 a month. I try to go every Friday morning for at least 50 rounds.

My long drought was largely due to college, career and kids taking most of my time and all of my money. Plus, spending 14 years in CA did not put me in touch with many other shooters. It was Obama's first election that got me off my backside and back to the range.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Id say 6 months unless you count the years upon years before I ever shot one. After my grandfather died I lost interest and all my "gun money" went to my cars

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Probably close to a year. My goal is to start shooting at-least once every 2 weeks. Or at the absolute least once a month.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Hi. My name is Lost Californian, and it has been 2 days and 6 hours since I last fired a gun.

Is the coffee fresh, and can I smoke a real cigarette in here, or do I have to use my e-cig?

Top Bottom