• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    It really doesn't matter how long I look for it - there always seems to be at least one casing that defies being found.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I did the same thing Id spend at least 15-20min after each range trip looking for my brass. It was kinda like just having money laying on the ground for everyone to take. Or you get those ones at the public ranges that will try an take it anyway :xmad:. But since I have my own range now its a lot nicer to leave it lay for a day or two an not have to worry about picking it up right away cause I know it will still be there. But I feel your pain OP been there many times spending as much or a little more time looking for brass then actually shooting.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I almost cant stand to leave brass at the range. There is usually more there than I can get. I pick up mine and what I see. I cant seem to stop. I love getting as much as I can carry. But the sacrifice is not getting enough practice. I love shooting. I equally love reloading too.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I normally pick mine up after a mag or 2, the time makes for a short break. I will normally do a walk around before/after my range time looking for strays. <-- All that at public range. If @ private, wait until emd of shoot, or pick it up randomly during BS sessions.

Got blessed Friday, very nice fellow gave me all of his spent 9mm brass. ~150 or so.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I spend a pretty fair amount of time picking up brass. My wife likes to shoot as much as I do and she is very good at finding brass...I would be lost without her lol. I collected brass years before I started reloading.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I consider the hunt for a few pieces of brass to be part of the fun.

What few I do lose, usually is made up by finding more that others missed.

And...............I lose very few.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I used to spend a bunch of time hunting for spent brass. Then I dug into my garage for an old tarp and started including it in my range supplies. Now, whenever I shoot, I just stand left of the tarp and I let my brass fall on it.

I now spend more time shooting and a whole lot less time scouring for spend brass.

Let's just say that I don't leave much behind even when I'm in a hurry...

Top Bottom