Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    how the heck is illinios medium?

[noparse]http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/IL/[/noparse]

No AWB, no mag capacity regulations, no state license required for dealers (IN has that one) and a few other things like what CA has

[noparse]http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/CA/[/noparse]

Even CA's laws aren't enough for the Bradys. There are 20 points worth of "improvements" they want to see even over and above their draconian laws. Of note, a new "report card" :rolleyes: will be out soon, juuuuuuuuust before our new bills become law.

If they use the same standards (they won't; they never do), we'll still have 4 points, as our handgun dealers are still required to have a state license and our colleges are still allowed to prohibit firearms from their campuses.

Oh well. Someday we'll see a true "common sense gun law" applied. Maybe something like, "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Blessings,
    Bill

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Oh well. Someday we'll see a true "common sense gun law" applied. Maybe something like, "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Well said Sir.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

Blessings,
    Bill

but i thought....nevermind

:eek: I'm fairly certain that the Chinese are still allowed in Indiana.

:D

i hope so...they make good food :rockwoot:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    The gun laws here are very pro 2nd Amendment. You can carry pretty much any kind of handgun you want, have as many bullets as you want, spar mags as you want. You can open carry or conceal carry. I don't know about Mass. but we have a lifetime option for our handgun licenses. Very good state for gun owners.

+1, Gun laws are pretty nice here! No complaints!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    If you want to see how Indiana's gun laws compare to Mass's, take a look here:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

In our case RED IS GOOD. :D

a +1 for the link to Brady Campaign
    a -10 for reminding me there are delusional useful idiots out there that think this way... '
    My favorite part is the comparison to all CC firearms people (thats you) to Laughner (the AZ killer) ... Funny, I just have never thought of myself in quite this light...

If you are in Boston, I think you are probably a trolling Liberal who just wants to find out what us Gun crazy, Bible clutching, rednecks out here are thinking... We do think you know... (and vote too, Ha )

Remember Boston, a Cop carries a firearm for HIS protection... not yours!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong....

Indiana will honor a Massachusetts CCW or LTCH or whatever, but Massachusetts will not honor an indiana LTCH. In other words, as a carrier, you're welcomed here, but we are not welcomed in your state. I think that tells you something.

Edit: sorry jbomb--didn't mean to step all over your post.

Indiana recognizes ALL other state issued carry license/permits. Other states may not recognize ours for any one of a couple of reasons: they require a formal reciprocity agreement, they require X amount of hours of training, they are just ass's........

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I crossed the border from IL to IN 10 years ago so I can relate to restrictive firearms laws but it seems MA is taking things to a new extreme.

Last edited:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I've been to Massachusetts. It smelled fishy and expensive. There is no Martha's Garden here where rich liberal Kennedy clan and cohorts hang out making one style of life for them selves and restricting the rest.

Oh by the way the gun laws are better in Indiana as well....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Indiana laws are better than some and worse than some.

The Indiana Constitution recognizes the right to keep and bear arms. Our state government does not and requires a license to carry for example.

Most people in Indiana settle for our mediocre gun laws because we have ohio on one side and Illinois on the other.

"We're better than Illinois" but that's not saying much.

Top Bottom