• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    The gun laws here are very pro 2nd Amendment. You can carry pretty much any kind of handgun you want, have as many bullets as you want, spar mags as you want. You can open carry or conceal carry. I don't know about Mass. but we have a lifetime option for our handgun licenses. Very good state for gun owners.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just a suggestion, OP, but if I were you, I'd move North to New Hampshire and commute to Boston :D Live Free or Die and all that, their Handgun laws are even less restrictive than Indiana's.

Here is a good site if you are interested in how the States stack up against each other. Though not always 100% correct, they do try to keep it updated

Handgunlaw.us

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am wondering how is gun law in IN state and CCW law there ?
    Indiana Weapons Laws are far to restrictive. I mean Short Barreled Shotguns, Chinese Throwing Stars, and Automatic Opening Knives are not allowed here.

As far as a CCW Law we have none, nor do we want one either. I personally feel that we should do away with the entire LTCH process...

Last edited:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Indiana Weapons Laws are far to restrictive. I mean Short Barreled Shotguns, Chinese, Throwing Stars, and Automatic Opening Knives are not allowed here.

Hey hopefully the automatic opening knives part will be a thing of the past soon with the bill already passing one chamber.

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Not only are the gun laws very pro 2nd, but the cost of living is amazing (LOW!) compared to New England... I'm from NH... I have been a resident of IN since 02.... I love it here. The only problem I've ever had here is being razzed for wearing my Brady Jersey.... :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Indiana Weapons Laws are far to restrictive. I mean Short Barreled Shotguns, Chinese, Throwing Stars, and Automatic Opening Knives are not allowed here.

:eek: I'm fairly certain that the Chinese are still allowed in Indiana.

:D

Though I agree, Indiana has some ridiculous laws and still requires a License to carry (Larry) for handguns.

We aren't the worst state based on our current infringements, but we're certainly not leading the pack on 2A liberty, either.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Looking at the statist regime it has become, it is sometimes difficult to imagine that New England was once the hotbed of individual liberty.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Okay I really need to get better with the whole computer thingy:) BUT, wearing a Brady jersey and the Brady campaign... come on... no wonder you get razzed. ROTFLMAO!

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Historically speaking, Indiana was once the wild west and when we first became a state had a lot of pioneers here to whom guns was second nature. Consequently, a strong 2nd Amendment clause was written into the State Constitution. Hoosiers have made sure it stays there ever since.
    Even many of the Democrats here are strong Second Amendment supporters, although we do have our share of liberal idiots and hotbeds of anti-gun sentiment.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We can walk around town carrying loaded AK-47s, as long as we don't point them at anybody without a good reason. And with a license we can carry any handgun we want, open or concealed, and the places off limits are less than many other states. Plus, we honor licenses/permits from anywhere.

That's not too bad if you ask me.

But there is some definite room for improvement.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Correct me if I'm wrong....

Indiana will honor a Massachusetts CCW or LTCH or whatever, but Massachusetts will not honor an indiana LTCH. In other words, as a carrier, you're welcomed here, but we are not welcomed in your state. I think that tells you something.

Edit: sorry jbomb--didn't mean to step all over your post.

Top Bottom