• shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From Pistol-Training.com (all credit to Todd Green):

Instruction From The Editor To The Journalist:
    Frangible Arms just bought a four page color ad in our next issue. They sent us their latest offering, the CQB MK-V Tactical Destroyer. I told Fred to take it out to the range to test. He’ll have the data for you tomorrow.

Feedback From Technician Fred:
    The pistol is a crude copy of the World War II Japanese Nambu type 14 pistol, except it’s made from unfinished zinc castings. The grips are pressed cardboard. The barrel is unrifled pipe. There are file marks all over the gun, inside and out.

Only 10 rounds of 8mm ammunition were supplied. Based on previous experience with a genuine Nambu, I set up a target two feet down range. I managed to cram four rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber. I taped the magazine in place, bolted the pistol into a machine rest, got behind a barricade, and pulled the trigger with 20 feet of 550 cord. I was unable to measure the trigger pull because my fish scale tops out at 32 pounds. On the third try, the pistol fired. From outline of the holes, I think the barrel, frame, magazine, trigger and recoil spring blew through the target. The remaining parts scattered over the landscape.

I sent the machine rest back to the factory to see if they can fix it, and we need to replace the shooting bench for the nice people who own the range. I’ll be off for the rest of the day. My ears are still ringing. I need a drink.

Article Produced By The Journalist:
    The CQB MK-V Tactical Destroyer is arguably the deadliest pistol in the world. Based on a combat proven military design, but constructed almost entirely of space age alloy, it features a remarkable barrel design engineered to produce a cone of fire, a feature much valued by Special Forces world wide. The Destroyer shows clear evidence of extensive hand fitting. The weapon disassembles rapidly without tools. At a reasonable combat distance, I put five holes in the target faster than I would have thought possible. This is the pistol to have if you want to end a gunfight at all costs. The gun is a keeper, and I find myself unable to send it back.

:laugh:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have had personal dealing with a few writers for national outdoor rags.

After what I have seen first hand I quit reading the fictional publications all together.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Hey that is the way it is with anything, what made me question this a while back is Shotgun news had a review of a Sig 556 with one of those counter sniper scopes and they gave it rave reviews and well everywhere I turned to on every forum everyone said they were crap and snipers hide hated them especially! anyway give the man enough money and free crap and they will tell everyone you are God even if your the devil! :D

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Maybe Consumer's Report magazine should do gun tests. They claim their evaluations are always objective.

Do you think NRA's American Rifleman gun reviews are objective? In the February issue they tested nine concealed carry pistols. I was impressed that they reported eight of the nine had malfunctions. Further evidence that if you carry a semi-automatic, you need to break it in and thoroughly test it with the personal protection ammo you use. With the price of personal protection ammo, this can get expensive. Or else carry a revolver.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Maybe Consumer's Report magazine should do gun tests. They claim their evaluations are always objective.

Do you think NRA's American Rifleman gun reviews are objective? In the February issue they tested nine concealed carry pistols. I was impressed that they reported eight of the nine had malfunctions. Further evidence that if you carry a semi-automatic, you need to break it in and thoroughly test it with the personal protection ammo you use. With the price of personal protection ammo, this can get expensive. Or else carry a revolver.
    Try GunTest magazine, they are the Consumer's Report of guns.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Gun Test allegedly fills that role. They claim objectivity b/c they do not accept advertising, but all that means is that we get the biases of the individual testers rather than bias toward an advertiser's product. Plus, from a technical standpoint, it's a terribly written and poorly produced publication.

Do you think NRA's American Rifleman gun reviews are objective?

No.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    There are all kinds of magazines that operate uncomfortably similar to this. You should read motorcycle tests in some of the popular magazines.I think they are worse. I only read them when somebody discards one of those. The journal of the American Motorcyclist magazine is pretty good (but they rarely review a bike!)

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Gun Test allegedly fills that role. They claim objectivity b/c they do not accept advertising, but all that means is that we get the biases of the individual testers rather than bias toward an advertiser's product. Plus, from a technical standpoint, it's a terribly written and poorly produced publication.

You hit that nail right on the head.

Top Bottom