• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    HAHA... clear, the purple text makes it a bit easier.... i was actually trying to figure out how it would lead to more glocks.... given that this is the SHTF forum, it fit, and made sense, i just was curious your line of thinking.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    HAHA... clear, the purple text makes it a bit easier.... i was actually trying to figure out how it would lead to more glocks.... given that this is the SHTF forum, it fit, and made sense, i just was curious your line of thinking.
    The premise of my reply is probably the same as what you see fit. However, I sarcastically used purple text to be sarcastic.

This topic is dipping it's toes into a civil uprising puddle. I'm keeping my boots on.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    So you believe that civil uprising is the only outcome to the OP's scenario?
    Sorry, I forgot my purple again.

But I will try to answer that.

People are running out of patience. Do I see a major political movement on the horizon? Possibly. When the signs are pointing to the two parties folding in on themselves, and our economy is showing no possibility of improvement, and more people start losing everything they have...then yes. It may take years, but people will cross the line and not look back.

Obama preached hope. But I'm seeing no hope.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry, I forgot my purple again.

But I will try to answer that.

People are running out of patience. Do I see a major political movement on the horizon? Possibly. When the signs are pointing to the two parties folding in on themselves, and our economy is showing no possibility of improvement, and more people start losing everything they have...then yes. It may take years, but people will cross the line and not look back.

Obama preached hope. But I'm seeing no hope.

Agreed. I think this response isn't as directly related to the OP so much, but I do completely agree with it nonetheless.

p.s. You need to put a disclaimer in your sig or something that says you forgot your purple text, so nobody can hold you accountable for when you "forget":):

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    To the OP:

I think we would see the federal reserve run out of paper trying to make enough money to cover it. They would eventually realize the ****storm they are in for and would try to buy time no matter the consequences. Its not hard to piece together what may happen after that.

Edit: Or they would do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Go about their business and act like the problem isn't there. I see this being the most realistic course of action.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yes, i think civil uprising is the only solution to the OP.... when the goverment cannot get its money from the other sources, it will tax the populace, OR print more money... either way, a social economicl collapse would be inevitable.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Agreed. I think this response isn't as directly related to the OP so much, but I do completely agree with it nonetheless.

p.s. You need to put a disclaimer in your sig or something that says you forgot your purple text, so nobody can hold you accountable for when you "forget":):

We are only discussing theory here. Unless the 8-ball reader comes by and tells us how it is, I don't see how any answer can be completely correct. Admittedly, mine is a partial answer though.

I stand with most everyone in the fact that I hope nothing terrible happens.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, i think civil uprising is the only solution to the OP.... when the goverment cannot get its money from the other sources, it will tax the populace, OR print more money... either way, a social economicl collapse would be inevitable.

People have been simmering about this for quite a long time. I think more people will begin to stew soon if something isn't done to stop the spending.

Then the teapot will sing.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    My guess: If no one buys the government debt the fed's will start issuing IOU's for your 401K's or other equivalent cash accounts. I read somewhere there is a substantial amount of cash in liquid accounts which could be used. Not too much different than asking for the Swiss back accounts to see where the off-shore money is either.

I don't necessarily put anything pass these guys running things now. And that's not the tinfoil talking ether.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My poor thread......

I see a rise in crime and extended families living together again....

your threads back on track now...

i see families living together if we hit a huge deppression, however i dont think this country can handle that.... unfortunatly those commiting crimes now (or a large percentage(not trying to profile)) are already on government aid... when that aid dries up, i think it will be an all out battle on our streets and w/ current american laws the good guys would be in just as much of a predicament as the bad guys....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, it's a good question. With our coming due short term debt being over 3 times what our entire reserve is, the dollar losing value (due to just printing more when needed among other things...), it's a recipe for absolute certain economic disaster. Right now it's not a matter of "if", but rather a matter of "how". There will IMO likely be a sort of "buyout" at rock bottom price of our entire nation (already happening gradually). By "our nation" I mean specifically the corporate entity, tax rights....a massive bankruptcy/liquidation sale. This I suspect will be how they form the NAU (North American Union) for us, it already exists and should be brought online soon, before the UN firearm treaty is drafted. This is also when the "Amero" is brought online as an answer to the problem. I am nearly certain, and almost hopeful that a civil uprising will take place at some point. I think before that happens though, there will be a period of suffering and hardship involving many different things occurring like extended family living together, crime through the roof, people hopefully going back to their roots and coming together, doing without, growing food, lots of bartering.....

I don't think there is any peaceful political way to solve this problem. I think it has already gone far beyond the "point of no return". I'm not sure if resistance is the answer either. Don't misunderstand me, I will resist, I am a free man and will die a free man. My point is that at some point it simply IS going to happen. Just like the EU and the Euro, the few holdout nations/areas just suffered severe trade and economic sanctions that forced them to give in. The holdouts will wind up like Cuba in a sense. A lot can be learned from them, they have amazing resolve and their patriots, while ?wrong? are among histories greatest defiant figures.

All of this is EXACTLY why I am a "prepper", why I strive toward complete self reliance/sufficiency. I feel the walls closing in and fear the time has grown short......:twocents:

Oh, how fast? 3 years tops.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Honestly, I have been expecting a meltdown of society by now but it seems that things keep holding on by a string and won't collapse. I don't want to see people in the streets killing each other in suburbia but eventually the levee has to break.

Top Bottom