• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I received a text from the owner and a call from her mother. It will be returned tomorrow after work.

I will also post a pic of what's inside. It will show why I wanted to make sure I had the right person and why I was not going to just leave it on the porch of a house.

Looking forward to the update. Glad you got a hold of them! :yesway:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    You are a good person. I'm sure she is glad you are the one who found her belongings.

I'll second this...not everyone would have gone through the trouble that you did to return it :yesway:

Quick question though...it looks like that was a lockable box of some sort (second picture shows a cam lock). Was the key with it? Or did it have another latch that kept it closed and it just wasnt locked?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, you're one of the good ones. I feel bad that my first reaction is "good on ya"; we should all be like that. I know if I lost something I'd be very appreciative that someone would return it. It sucks that I wouldn't expect it. Yeah, that one doesn't go on the porch. You did right. Live long and prosper, my son.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Wow, you're one of the good ones. I feel bad that my first reaction is "good on ya"; we should all be like that. I know if I lost something I'd be very appreciative that someone would return it. It sucks that I wouldn't expect it. Yeah, that one doesn't go on the porch. You did right. Live long and prosper, my son.

^^ What he said.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Thanks for the good words.

It was locked. I was going to take it into work and pick the lock, but I used a screw driver at home. It took all of 2 seconds to open it. The reason I opened it at home was, I didn't know what was in it. It could have been full of pills/drugs and I didn't want to be hauling it around if it was.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Why not call the Sheriff's office and have them run it over? If you have the right address, and you don't want anyone going nuts at you, have a deputy pick it up and drop it off, so they can explain that someone found the item and wanted to make sure it got returned. Most of the time Johnson County deputies are looking for something to do anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is what you need to do. they will return it to her family for her and keeps a suspicious father from thinking you did something bad.

Top Bottom