• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    On Sunday I found something along the road and picked it up.
    What's in it is not high $$, but stuff I think the person would like to have back & because it is worth some $.
    The owner left for college, out of state on Sunday. I would guess it fell off the SUV when she left. I sent a message to the owner, the person in the car with her ,her father, and 3 other people asking them to have her check her messages on FaceBook.
    Today on FaceBook she said she did make it to school. So I know she has been on and may have seen the message.

I have her address here in Whiteland, I think it's her parents house.

I have had the box for over 24 hours now and no one has gotten back with me.

I didn't want to just show up at the house with something she took with her and have the father go nuts wanting to know how I got it.

Tomorrow after work I might make the trip to her house

It's a small world & if you live in Whiteland just off 31 and have a girl that just took off to college down south Sunday & her first name starts with H and last name starts with R tell her to check her FB massages.

Things I know because of FB.
    Her mom is going to start running again.
    I know where her dad works and what he does.
    She has 2 sisters.
    She left for college, I know what state, who is in the car with her.
    What she is studying for.
    Because of what I found I know she had knee trouble.

If this sounds like someone you know please PM me and tell me what I found.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You could always wrap it in a discrete waterproof bag and leave it on the doorstep with a note? That solves the angry father aspect.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Ummmmmmm, no. Not this time.

I did find something like that (it didn't use batteries) one day. I was driving my uncles truck, had gloves on and tossed it into the bed of his truck. He ended up cleaning out the bed that day. Everyone was just looking around till I busted out laughing. ( I stopped on the side of the road to get the person driving a tractor in a field)

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Why not call the Sheriff's office and have them run it over? If you have the right address, and you don't want anyone going nuts at you, have a deputy pick it up and drop it off, so they can explain that someone found the item and wanted to make sure it got returned. Most of the time Johnson County deputies are looking for something to do anyway.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I did think about calling the sheriff, but wanted to give her time to get back to me.

It's papers, DR bill and something worth some $ (not drugs) she will want.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I did think about calling the sheriff, but wanted to give her time to get back to me.

It's papers, DR bill and something worth some $ (not drugs) she will want.

Given the original description, its either a phone, tablet, or laptop. Hence the "I know via facebook..."

I had a girl's phone placed on my front porch. Apparently a passerby found it in front of my house and thought it was mine.

I found the entry for "mom" in the address book and called it. left a message. Apparently she lives with Dad and there was some confusion as to how it ended up at my house since she wasnt supposed to be anywhere near my neighborhood.

Fast forward several hours and she stopped by to get it from me.

In hindsight, I saw dad looking around for it several hours prior when I got home from work. He apparently didnt come far enough my direction.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Nope not a phone, laptop or tablet.
    I have her name and address, so I did a Google search, that took me to her Facebook page.
    Be very careful what you or your kids put on FB.
    I have found a few phones before, some were returned, most were smashed to badly to get anything off of them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would take the time to drive it over and leave a note on the porch if no one was home. I have returned a few wallets over the years but now I let the police do it. It seems like the wallets are lost by shady looking people with shady contents in their wallets.

Do unto others...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hats off to you Doc for going the extra mile! But I don't think I'd approach the family. Drop the stuff off at the local PD.

I fould a purse in the middle of the road once. I found the info in there that lead me To the owner. She had left the purse on the roof. She was greatfull to get it back.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I would give it enough time to where I felt it was an issue that I had not had contact with the individual looking to retrieve it. After that, I would either contact the parents, by phone and arrange for them to receive it; or I would contact the police for them to do it if the first option didn't pan out.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, my uncle used to be the sheriff in Johnson County (but that was a long time ago). I'd take it to the owner, if nobody was home I'd leave it with a note, maybe in the mailbox if it would fit, maybe at the front door. I found a wallet in the street in front of my house a few years ago, opened it up enough to find the address, took it to the woman. It was one of those "left it on the roof of the car" things. Interestingly, I found it on my way to drive the bus, and she lived across the street from the school I drove out of. I'd driven right past her house barely an hour before, and if her son didn't walk to school (from across the street, heh) he would have been assigned to my bus. I'd seen her many times at the school with him. She'd already canceled her cards, but was very appreciative of its return. Tell ya what, she was pretty hot in her way; if I hadn't been attached at the time...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I agree with those who say to take it to the police and let them return it. I have to agree...people put way too much info on facebook sometimes. My kids have finally taken my advice and quit posting everything they are going to do BEFORE they do it. I think they finally understand that advertising you are not going to be home all day or for a weekend can have negative consequences. At least they don't post pictures of drunken parties or stuff that potential employers would really NOT like to see.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    With FB , if you are not friends with the person any message you send goes to the "other" mailbox, not the normal message inbox.. many people do not know it is even there or how to see it.. so you might want to try to post to her wall , or just go to her house & give it to parents..

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I received a text from the owner and a call from her mother. It will be returned tomorrow after work.

I will also post a pic of what's inside. It will show why I wanted to make sure I had the right person and why I was not going to just leave it on the porch of a house.

Top Bottom