• ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You could be closer to a gun than you think. :dunno:
    I mean people could carry in your class, you're just talking about the guns you know.

There are 2 people around me when I'm in class that MIGHT be carrying. Most seem to get a shocked look when they hear someone talking about guns and some have even seemed offended when they've seen me with a gun magazine (Pocket Pistols was the latest) or when I wear one of my several firearms related hoodies or t-shirts. I've been around a most in my classes for several years now (only a semester or 2 left) and they've only slightly warmed up to the idea that someone near them likes guns.

Yes, there may be some on campus but it is highly unlikely in my classes.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes, I know that asking that question in INGO is liable to get snarky answers measuring in millimeters. :)

But for the general populace, here is a mathematical way to figure out the distance between the average person and the nearest gun. Perhaps someone mathematically inclined can give the figures for Indiana residents.

http://community.compuserve.com/n/p...nav=messages&webtag=ws-sciencemath&redirCnt=1

Right now? I am about 3 miles from my closest gun. I can't take it to work, or even store it in my vehicle, without risking losing my job. I wish that weren't the case.

Now, from the nearest gun? Not really sure. We have a Homeland Security office up one floor, I assume those dudes carry. But maybe not. I am guessing some students do carry, not sure if they are in building at this time.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Let's see...If I took the guns I own and spread them equally around my property I would say there is one for every 750 square feet. So that would mean that I would never be further than 27 feet from one.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    yarp

On the arm of my chair loaded, chambered. 2 in the next room loaded chambered. As some dude on INGO once said "100% of home invasions happen in the home."

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My IWB is open ended, so I have skin contact with my EDC whenever I'm not at work. That felony thing makes me leave it home then. On the throne, it's down by my left calf, when I shower it's right there on the counter. In bed I have an XDm40 I just have to slap my paw down on. In this chair, where I wind up spending a lot of time, there's an M4 in reach without stretching, and an Enfield right at the moment, but that won't stay.

Top Bottom