How does your wife feel about you OC'ing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    My ex didn't really care. She mostly just rolled her eyes every time we went out because I was always armed. Even if we were just running to the local wally world in Beech Grove.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She used to ask me to cover it, until I did some quick training with an airsoft gun. Had her practice drawing from OC and CC a LOT, and then set up some scenarios where I attacked her from about 30 feet.

Real eye-opener.

Only time she asks now is at family functions where we know it will cause arguments that I just cannot win, and in those cases - I agree that it's best.

You would be a hero if you saved one or all of those folks that would argue your right to OC

I do not OC. I have found logic and comfort in Grey Man.
    If someone sees it, I am already pointing it at them.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My wife has no problem with me OCing if I choose to do so. (the only time she told me I couldn't OC had nothing to do with my gun!:laugh:)

lawrence1139

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Both my wife and l have ccw and when we go out l carrry cc. She does not even question me carrying. I personally do not carry open for the fact that someone might call the cops.
    Now when the SHTF that will be a different story.
    For any women to question her husbund as to carry or not to carry she does not understand the MANS desirer and GOD give right to protect his family

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    I agree with the sentiment that when in public with my wife she prefers I cc. However the moor she is around you while you oc the more comfortable she should get. I tend to oc out on my own or while I'm just out and about... if we are going to dinner or on a date I cc.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    My wife would rather I CC, especially when I'm with her and the kids. It's more an issue of her not wanting the attention/disruptions that can come with OC. She doesn't complain at all about my guns, or the purchases related to them. I figure if this is her only request, I can agree to that. She's slowly coming around to having an interest in guns herself, but she's not looking to carry for a while. In time, maybe, but till then, she is happy that I do.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello
    I will add in here. I conceal most of the time but open occasionally especially when cowboy shooting oh the looks. My wife does not say a thing. Last week we went to a Casa's a local pasta place. I put on my Judge in my Blackhawk holster. My shirt did not quite cover it up. Well the girl at the next able kept looking over and staring. My wife was about to say would you please stop ogling my husband I am right here. We heard them tell the waiter I had a gun but nothing happened. Either the waiter or the manager did not care as we were just enjoying a good meal and fine conversation. Long story short my wife does not really care as she knows I am within the law.
    Now a little sexist humor. Why would she care if you open carry out in public how long is the chain attached to the stove anyways.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I was surprised when my wife told me a while back that she prefers OC that way she knows who is carrying around her so she knows who has backup if SHTF. :D I OC and CC both depending on where we are going and what we are doing. Most of the time cc for me consist of untucking my shirt except my BUG that is always concealed ( my wife says it looks tacky double OC'ing ).

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Leave it at home ....

I mean your wife of course, you should never go out unarmed.

Seriously, my wife would prefer I CC but with time has gotten use to it when I OC. Never says I word to me when I OC when I go out alone.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I've had the same girlfriend for 3 years, not a wife. She'll notice if my shoes are dirty before she'll notice me OCing. She generally doesn't care unless its somewhere I recently mentioned about false arrest cases. I've carried around her family without issue. There are times she has been glad to know I'm carrying.

Top Bottom