• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just picked up a new Marlin 981T for $130 on sale and 3 boxes of CCI Maxi-Mag .22WMR for 9.99 ea., some of the few good deals they have had recently.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    They had 2 black magpul AR magazines in a case one time. I asked how much they were since there was no price on them. The guy told my "probably $40". Then he seemed happy to tell me that after he scanned them they were only $30. So I asked if that was for both of them. He said "heck no, that's each". I started laughing and walked away.

I'm sure there is something worth the price there, I just don't see it. If I am close to one I will usually stop in to check something out, then order it online.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    This thread is to funny. A hour ago I was in Gander in Hastleton and was looking at the ammo prices and thought "How do they stay in business?" Then drive home and get online only to find this thread. +1

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Not only do their prices suck, but they have no inventory! I mean, how many empty shelves do they have around that store?!!

Gander Mountain sucks at everything.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That American Eagle black box .223 was on sale not too long ago for $29 per 100. Guess they need to recoup their "losses" by nearly doubling the price.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Got question, the store in Merrleville, it has that huge fish tank with bass, crappie, blue gill and the grill up stairs.
    Is that where they get their fish for the grill?

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I don't know what the fuss is all about. I love Gander Mountain. You have your own personal show room of firearms to look and get an idea of whether or not that is the gun for you. Then you go buy it somewhere else.

The only reason I go there is because there clearance hunting prices are awesome (if you can find your size)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I hate that they decided to put all the long guns behind the counter. I always liked to go and check out there guns before I would buy them some place else. Now a pain to get a sales person to get it for me.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I was in Gander by the South Lake Mall a couple of months ago. They had American Eagle 9mm for $11.99 a box. That was one of the few times that I actually got what I considered a decent deal, not great but an average price at Gander is a great deal for them!

jwog27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    last time i was at gander i got there .40 mega pack or whatever and it was like 90 bucks for 250 rounds. is that good? if not, do you know of somewhere to purchase .40 ammo? also, if you know what a good hp round is and what a good price would be that would be appreciated as well

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I will never go back to the Castleton store again. I've bought stuff there in the past, but not much. They do have a few good deals now and again if you are patient and look. However, my last trip there is my last.

I was looking at a couple of different handguns with my brother. One young clerk had already been helping us. When I gave him back one gun and asked to see another, he received a text as he was returning the first gun. Before getting out the one I asked about, he responded to the text, received another, and was in the middle of responding when I started to walk away. He got out the gun and tried to stop me asking "Don't you want to see this one?". I said "Not anymore. Your phone appears more important to you than your customers". I don't think he heard me though because I just kept walking.

My brother had no choice but to walk with me as I drove. He had items in his hands that he left on the counter as we walked out.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    ive notice that their prices are greatly off the market average also BUT on occasion they will have something on sale that blows my mind such as
    1) federal truball 12ga slugs. after mail in rebateS they were 99cents/5. (cheapest i ever purchased slugs.)
    2) umc 9mm 250 mega packs. after mail in rebates they were 29.99
    both good deals in my mind.. but then i go back other times and see completly sky high prices..and the jackassery of the staff

Top Bottom