• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I laugh every time I look at ammo at Gander Mountain!
    Couple of laughable items.
    American Eagle (black box) 100 rounds of .223 FMJ for $49
    Winchester white box 100 rounds .40 FMJ $49
    Winchester whitebox 100 rounds 9mm FMJ $40 ($40ish)

I know ammo prices are creeping up there, but good grief, get a clue!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Especially whenn in greenwood, you can go right next door to wally world and get that same box of 100 WWB 9mm for 23.99.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Last time I was in one they had an ak on the used rack with no gun lock, cable, nothing. I picked it up, carried it to the counter and politely waited until the guy trying to sell a 1400 dollar mp15 was done to point it out. All he said was 'we'll take care of it.'

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

because people are STUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIID.:n00b:

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I was killing time while giving the wife some time away from the kid. So I stopped by the one by south lake mall. I don't remember the prices only that they were high and I wanted to reorganize the ammo section. Calibers were mixed together. Rifle, shotgun and handgun ammo was all over the place. There clearance ammo was priced higher then you can get non clearance.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I buy some things from Gander. I just bought a pair of Keen shoes on sale last week. I should have bought some Keen sandals that were marked down 50% off.

Ammo prices are stupid but they sell other things there.

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Ill never step foot in Gander Mountain again
    Several yrs ago I was going to trade a beat up Kimber and a Ruger P95 for a new SA SS loaded target. Made the deal at the Merrillville store. For some reason the nics got delayed-They called me at home later that evening saying they got the proceed. Drove the hour back to Merrillville to do the deal. This time,there was a different guy behind the counter. After going thru the notes from earlier and checking out the guns. he said he couldnt do it at the earlier price and needed 40.00 more. Said the first guy shouldnt have made the deal we had.
    Loudly told him wher to stick it on my way out and never went back

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ill never step foot in Gander Mountain again
    Several yrs ago I was going to trade a beat up Kimber and a Ruger P95 for a new SA SS loaded target. Made the deal at the Merrillville store. For some reason the nics got delayed-They called me at home later that evening saying they got the proceed. Drove the hour back to Merrillville to do the deal. This time,there was a different guy behind the counter. After going thru the notes from earlier and checking out the guns. he said he couldnt do it at the earlier price and needed 40.00 more. Said the first guy shouldnt have made the deal we had.
    Loudly told him wher to stick it on my way out and never went back

Yeah, they're good for that kind of stuff.

The reason they stay in business is the average "weekend cowboy" doesn't konw any better and goes in there for one stop shopping on all their necessities.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    The Gander Mountain on the n side of Indy, has a jack @$$, for a gun smith. Stuck on himself, I even emailed the corp office, and told them he can shove it. I call it "little bid man attitude". WHy act like that?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I do not have a Gander Mountain close by so I don't stop much, the few times I did there were a few sales with not so bad pricing on ammo. The rest was high, and I looked at mags for some pistols. :n00b: Holy smokes almost $40 a mag!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Just browsed thru the Evansville store. They moved all of their new firearms behind the counter. No more fondling of the long guns

they're all doing that.. they're getting tired of people picking them up and not being careful and scratching or otherwise damaging their new product.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis

I have never noticed the price on wwb b/c I never buy it, but I buy the American Eagle .223 from them pretty often and it's $34.99 which I consider an okay price for convenience. [might just be a sale price]

I would never buy a new gun from them but I have gotten some pretty good ammo deals. I got a 525 pack of Remington .22lr for 8 bucks last summer, so that was cool.

The last time I was in was about a month ago and that's when I noticed they moved all the guns behind the counter, I was looking for a specific bolt action I wanted to handle and the staff didn't even give me a glance. Normally I would be more formal but the whole change over just kind of pissed me off and I left.

I also like buying the 250 packs of UMC 9mm but I have found a place where it is a bit cheaper.

Top Bottom