• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    With all the Tiger Woods talk, I was wondering about this. How do they treat sex addiction? I don't understand. Do they strap you in a chair, pants off, and attach electrodes to your ying yang? And then show you pictures of hoo haas and jugs and melons? And if you get excited, do they shock the crap outta you? I don't get it. Can anyone chime in?

I hope this wasn't too explicit for the mods. I don't know if ying yang, and hoo haas are bad words or not...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I hope this wasn't too explicit for the mods. I don't know if ying yang, and hoo haas are bad words or not...

ying-yang.jpg

town1.jpg

2_Jugs.jpg

melons.jpg

:dunno:

I'm confused. Who would need treatment for that?

:):

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Personally, I decided to avoid the whole Clockwork Orange thing and I traded the hookers for a steady girlfriend. It's kind of like heroin for methadone, you don't get the same high but it does stop the shakes.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    With all the Tiger Woods talk, I was wondering about this. How do they treat sex addiction?

Its a change of heart like anything else. The good news is that its not a chemical addiction as in drugs, ETOH, & nicotine. Even the serotonin levels in sex addicts don't reach levels that they do in couples that are still enjoying intimacy after several decades.

I think its a scape goat calling his infidelity an addiction. It makes it less personable and no longer his fault. How weak. He needs to be a real man.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It's important to remember that any kind of addiction is basically a maladjusted coping mechanism. I feel bad, I know this thing makes me feel good, so rather than deal with what's making me feel bad I do this other thing that makes me feel good. It really kicks into habitual problems when I feel guilty for having engaged my addiction, feeling guilty makes me feel bad, so now I'm using the addiction to make me feel better about the guilt I feel over my addiction. Once that level of feedback is introduced, the addiction becomes even more difficult to resist.

Treatment of addiction generally involves learning to actually deal with the things that make the addict feel bad, instead of avoiding them in favor of the object of the addiction. I haven't talked to Tiger Woods, but there's a pretty obvious narrative that I think is very likely the case: his dad drove him hard to learn to play golf, but didn't express much love toward him. Tiger found that sex made him feel loved. So whenever things started going badly for him, in a relationship or in the game of golf or whatever, he turned to sex.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well , other addictions treatments follow a 12 step process that I'm totally unfamiliar with.

But a radio guy brought up an interesting problem:

Can a recovering alcoholic have a drink after his treatment?
    Can a narcotic addict do even a small amount of their drug of choice after 12 steps?
    Can a gambler buy even one instant lottery ticket or play one dollars worth of slot machines after completing a treatment program?
    Can a (so-called) sex addict have sexual relations with his wife after being treated for this addiction?

I really don't know if there is such a thing as 'sexual addiction'. It can cause you problems, get you in trouble, preoccupy your mind and even kill you nowadays.

I think if he didn't have so much to lose financially, he would have never tried the addict defense.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think its a scape goat calling his infidelity an addiction. It makes it less personable and no longer his fault. How weak. He needs to be a real man.

Saying something is an addiction does not remove responsibility for it. Addiction is a learned pattern of behavior. It's understandable and explainable, but it's not an excuse.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Saying something is an addiction does not remove responsibility for it. Addiction is a learned pattern of behavior. It's understandable and explainable, but it's not an excuse.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'll agree, when society stops treating it like an excuse.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    you can find a "psychologist" to call anything an "illness". first, it justifies their existence and expense of obtaining a degree, and second, it facilitates people from taking responsibility for their actions which ultimately takes you back to reason number one. You're not an idiot, you're "sick", that'll be $2000 please. Come back if your treatment isn't working.. (hahahah)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom