How do you think that Wayne did on Meet The Press?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you think that Wayne did on Meet The Press?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Do you think that as the CEO of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre did a good job representing the NRA membership and the nation's gun owners during his interview on NBC's Meet The Press on Sunday morning?
    How would you rate his performance?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think he really fumbled on the first part of the interview when asked about could be support any reasonable gun control measures--or however what's-his-face Gregory phrased it. I probably couldn't have done any better, but I expected WLP to be loaded for bear for such contingencies--I don't think he did very well in this portion.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This.

He did everything he could to dodge every single question, when the truth is he wanted to say 'We do not support any new gun legislation. Period. Now stop asking, idiot."

If that was what he wanted to say, he could have politely phrased it and when asked again...repeated the same answer. Instead, he stumbled and dodged.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    As good as any Politician would be expected to do. He didn't cave or sell you out. He didn't make a burro out of himself. He pushed what he knew he could be strong on and he danced around what he knew he couldn't be strong on.

This poll accomplishes nothing. Write you State Representative and U.S. Congressman instead. It's easy! You've already proven that you can use the internet.

:patriot:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Wayne did a great job in the situation he was in. He was facing an antagonistic interviewer who tried everything he could to trip him up. Wayne had to follow a certain protocol to maintain civility while being uncivilly attacked. David Gregory was looking and tried to ambush him but Wayne did face him off and defend his position. He could not go on an offensive in that venue.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I agree that he did a great job of walking a tight rope.
    He exudes competence which helps to make gun owners feel confident that someone is representing their interests on the national stage.
    I think that most NRA members like the job that he's doing especially now when we expect him to step up to the plate and do his job well.
    He's articulate, methodical and rational in his arguments, and makes sense at a basic level that most common people can understand even if they don't agree with him.
    By combating the emotionalism of those people who don't understand all of the issues involving gun rights, he has begun to sway those who remain objective enough to be open minded.
    In that respect he succeeded.
    He's planted the seeds of the NRA logic and now it's just a matter of time before more and more people realize that once let out of the bottle, the genie cannot be put back into it.
    The NRA's arguments are the best chance that we have to defend against the anti's who have gone viral.
    The NRA could use 10 clones of Wayne, and 10 times more members.

Last edited:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Pretty good job really. He needed to guide the anti's to the real issues which are mental health and security, and block their other intent for an AWB which is not the issue.

Top Bottom