• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I know there have been similar threads in the past about this sort of thing but I'd like to start one that's a little bit different from the rest......

What would be your plan of attack??

Global communications are down, all networking systems are down, power grid has failed..... We will try three scenarios..... Civil uprising, zombie apocalypse, and terrorist invasion.....

1st scenario:

You wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of multiple gun shots outside, and you peer through your blinds/curtains to see that their is rioting in the streets, cars on fire, bodies in the wake of this riot. You try to contact 911 only to find out that all communications are down and there is no evident sign of help on the way....... What do you do?

2nd scenario:

The good ole zombie apocalypse that so many are waiting for :D
    After waking up, you begin to start your day with a cup of coffee, bacon, eggs and toast but nothing is working, you go to check your breakers and everything seems to be fine, so you try to contact your power company to see what the issue is and your phone is not working. You take the next step to go out and start your back-up generator and after you start it up you see in the distance that a group of 5 figures are moving in your direction from a distance. You ready your hand on your sidearm and call out to find out who they are and what they are doing. They start to charge and as they get closer you can see the blood and flesh remains on them. You draw and open fire killing all 5 with well placed head shots. After commending yourself on how accurate you are that early in the morning without your coffee and bacon.....
    What would you do after this encounter?

3rd scenario:

Waking up to a normal day entailing breakfast. You sit down and turn on the news to find out that there has been a terrorist attack just a few blocks from your home and the EBS kicks in to say that hundreds of groups of terrorist cells have invaded and you need to barricade yourself in your home and wait for reinforcements to come to your rescue. Your cell phone isn't working and your radio is broadcasting the same thing your tv was. What is your course of action?

:popcorn:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I'll bite. The zombies would have to get closer. because I can't do anything without my bacon.:D

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    any of the above put the wife on guard duty, give the kids there e tools to fill sand bags while I lay out sectors of fire and prep weapons and supplies for the worst!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    #1 If that is going on outside my window we're doomed. Hunker down and hope it passes over, but be prepared to defend what is mine.

#2 That's a tough call. Home isn't easily defendable against zombies. I would say I'm getting on the roof with a bunch of ammo to defend the house, but I may need assistance from the wife depending on the numbers.

#3 Same as #1, if they've come this far they are either specifically looking for me, or we're so over-run that it's just going to be best to hunker down and hope it passes.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    #1: there are not enough houses and roads near my house to see rioting/cars/bodies.
    #2: go back to the house and get something bigger with more magazines
    #3: I don't think terrorists would waste their time in a rural area, but the answer is the same for all the scenarios: lock-n-load, and use cover.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I'll bite..

1. Lock down the house, install window covers to keep light in and bullets out. Charge roof fire protection system. Fire up all intel collectors. Contact friends and communicate, organize and prepare. Hold out for chance to Bug Out... Fall back to whichever BOL needs butts covered..

2. Same as 1.

3. Same as 1.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I'll bite..

1. Lock down the house, install window covers to keep light in and bullets out. Charge roof fire protection system. Fire up all intel collectors. Contact friends and communicate, organize and prepare. Hold out for chance to Bug Out... Fall back to whichever BOL needs butts covered..

2. Same as 1.

3. Same as 1.

From my OP:

Global communications are down, all networking systems are down, power grid has failed..... We will try three scenarios..... Civil uprising, zombie apocalypse, and terrorist invasion.....

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Ah I see what you mean.

If there were riots I would barricade and wait for them all to get tired and go somewhere and fall asleep. then when a chance to get out shows it's self I would bail.. If I had an armored suburban I'd bail asap but can't afford one yet..

If there were zombies I would wait for the first wave and then get out. Again barricade and wait, if I had an armored suburban I'd bail asap..

If it were terrorists I would barricade and collect intel and wait for a chance to truly understand the situation. Jumping in even an armored suburban and bugging out could be higher exposure then staying put. So when chance is presented, bail..

Better answer?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    <--- BFE, so hard to see/hear riots when your nearest neighbor is almost a mile away.

1.) Stay home, with the sight lines I have from my house, it's easily defensible.

2.) Stay until the mass chaos has abated, head to check on local family/friends to put together a core group to be able to fend off larger attacks.

3.) combo of 1 and 2. Stay and defend until it is apparent that we WILL be overrun, then head towards even more rural ans secluded family.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    1) Go out into the street and riot with everyone else in order to blend in.

2) I'm already a zombie, so I'm good to go.

3) Put on man dress and skull cap, go out into the street and start chanting allah hu akbar, so that terrorists don't blow me up.

Top Bottom