• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I use the clear plastic 'shoe boxes' you can get from Home Depot or Lowe's. They are see through, stackable and very inexpensive. I have a 2 boxes (minimum) for each caliber I reload. One is for dirty brass and the other is for tumbled brass ready to be put into the reloading cycle.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    As part of the whole "reduce, reuse, recycle" craze, I use empty coffee containers, mayonnaise containers, and (my favorite) the big, clear pretzel containers.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Lots of coffee cans. I have 2 of each caliber cleaned and unclean. They get full then they need loaded :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Lots of coffee cans. I have 2 of each caliber cleaned and unclean. They get full then they need loaded :)

:+1:

And lots of people tend to give these away. I have a boat load of them and I don't drink coffee. It keeps them in manageable groups, generally light, and they're stackable. And they seal well enough that when I've knocked one over, the lid has stayed on.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Like I said earlier, 5 gal buckets with lids, the cat litter buckets work great.
    If I have some primed bass, smaller quantities, they go in the big pretzel jars.
    If I only have a small qty. of brass (.380) they go in the coffee cans with lids.
    I also store smaller qty's of bullets in the coffee cans, bulk .223/.308 projectiles
    My cast bullets all go in coffee cans.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I too use the clear shoe box sized plastic containers.

I think what helped me more than organizing brass into different stages....was to not get the brass in different stages in the first place.

I batch load when I run the single stage....no more than 50-100 rounds at a time so I can make sure I get them all done.

Brass prep is the same way...I will set aside 100-200 cases(or whatever I have time for) and not stop pulling the handle till they are all done.

This way I only have two stages.....clean/ready to load, and dirty....I do separate some of my brass into once/twice fired.

If I do have to stop for some reason, everything stay on the top of my bench...same die in the press, same everything until I can come back to it.

$.02
    God bless
    -Shred

Top Bottom