• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That looks like a pretty nice setup. How many times have you reused it? I'm just trying to figure out how long that will last.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    That looks like a pretty nice setup. How many times have you reused it? I'm just trying to figure out how long that will last.

The Sheperd hook will last a long time. Not sure exactly how many times it has been hit but the hook has been hit a lot and has held up well. It has actually held up better than the post behind it. If it was going to be a permanent stand on a private range, I would go with the thicker fence post. I am sure you could get a couple of seasons out of it as long as you hit th target most of the time. It may only last one for me. Lol

Jaws2381

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I bought some targets from Bobcat Steel and decided to make "Gong" style frames. I took two old realator signs and welded them together to make an "A" Frame. Then used towing chain to hang from the top. It works really well.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Here's is complete quick and dirty hack job of a target stand that I did.

Basically, I took (2) 4"x4"x8' posts and dug them into the ground. Then I hammered (3) 2"x4"x8's across the two posts for holding steel and hanging targets. That was very simple, and gives me the foundation. Next I bought the steel targets from Wideners, some chain, 4" nails/spikes, stainless bolts for the plate to chain connection. I held the plates about right where I wanted it and eye ball measured it. Then I hammered a spike into the lower 2"x4". Then it was just a matter of trimming the chain to length with a pair of bolt cutters and bolting it to the plate. I've only had this setup for a short time, but it's held up to a lot of M855 punishment from short range and it's still doing just fine.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I bought some of those cheapo metal saw horse stands and they work great. Very light and portable, will take alot of hits (I need to replace them but ive used them for 3 years)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I just weld a large frame together and hang the steel target from a old piece of fire hose. It will take hundreds of hits and keep doing its job.

Buck67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Old kids steel swing sets make good target hangers. Sometimes you can pick them up free by the side of the road.

Buck67

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Old kids steel swing sets make good target hangers.

Yes they do!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...85-built_a_6_position_steel_target_stand.html

2eyeyvl.jpg

Top Bottom