• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Over the years had a few PT92s. Not one issue, never. Shot everything and were accurate. Sold one a year ago, am missing it a lot. Some mags are holding 17rds, great tactical carry/home defense firearm.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've had my PT-99 (stainless) since 86 (I think it was that year) ................and it's been fantastic. It's very accurate, and very, very reliable with no problems. I guess in the back of my mind, it's the standard I hold all my handgun purchases up to. It was the original HIGH capacity magazine gun with 15 in the mag. Awesome for back then!

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I had a PT92 a few years ago, and it was a great pistol, which I shot a lot and never a problem. I have a Beretta 92AF now, and will probably buy another Pt 92 when I see a good deal on one.

Dave

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I've owned mine for around 10 years, and nothing but great things to say about it.

I personally prefer the safety/decoker position being on the frame rather than the slide like on the Beretta that I used in the Army.

BTW - the Beretta Mags are different

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i got one and looove it. never had an issue with it. its aberetta 92 without the beretta logo, and the price. the only thing is u dont have the sexy aura of beretta. i still would recomend.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I owned a PT100, basically the same pistol only in .40 S&W, for several years. Got it dirt cheap ($200) from a former coworker who needed quick cash. Had the "Clinton" 10-rd. mags, which sucked a bit, but otherwise I was quite impressed with it.

I'm a southpaw, so its ambidextrous features were a definite plus to me. The mag release was quickly and easily reversable, although I didn't avail myself of that having gotten used to using my trigger finger to drop the mags from many years of trained habit. The ambi thumb safety/decocker being on the frame was something I liked a lot, as I'm an Old 1911Fart from way back.

The fixed sights shot dead on POA for me at 25 yds with 180 gr. ammo. Recoil seemed to me to be a bit "snappier" than my full-sized .45 GM, but nothing tough to control. Accuracy with factory 180 gr. loads, especially then-cheap S&B FMJ stuff, was quite surprisingly good, as it was very easy to keep an entire mag full inside of 3.5" at 25 yds. with some practice, off-hand and firing at a fairly "brisk" pace.

Functioning was dead-nuts reliable over the perhaps 700 rds. I put through it while I owned it. The only real reasons that I sold it were: A. It wasn't as easy to carry concealed as my 1911; B. I never really saw much real advantage for me personally to the .40 S&W cartridge over the .45 ACPs I already reload for and have several handguns chambered for and C. A fellow who wanted it more than I did offered me a considerable amount more than I had in it to have it.

Based one that one example, I don't think that I would feel at all poorly armed if a Taurus PT 92 or 100 was what I had to work with.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This is one of my favorite shooting handguns I own. I sometimes use it as a carry gun. My only beef is it's slightly thick in the grip.

Top Bottom