• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If its anything like the other Taurus that it looks a bit like, then its great. The one that I just looked up online all had rails, but I had thought my brother had a Taurus 92 as well, and it runs great, uses Beretta mags as well, so save you some money there as well.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is a really nice copy of the original Beretta 92 mixed with a little of the later 92FS with a touch of Taurus melted in.

The original Beretta 92 had the safety on the frame, which is where Taurus has theirs, and many people like it there as opposed to the later Berettas with the safety on the slide.

The other nice thing about the Taurus is the price is much less than the current Beretta, and has a better factory warrantee.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Only Taurus I've had that was worth owning. Probably my favorite pistol to shoot at the range, although it feels like cheating since it's so easy to shoot well.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Any opinions on this handgun?

Great firearm, many people think it shoots better out of the box better than the Beretta 92. Used to have a Taurus PT-92, sold it to get a Taurus PT-809, love it, but wish I had keep the 92 also because it was a fine shooting firearm.

If its anything like the other Taurus that it looks a bit like, then its great. The one that I just looked up online all had rails, but I had thought my brother had a Taurus 92 as well, and it runs great, uses Beretta mags as well, so save you some money there as well.

You can not use Beretta 92 mags in a Taurus, the mag notch is in a different place. There has been reports of people modifying it so they can be used in a Taurus 92, but I would not recommend it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great firearm, many people think it shoots better out of the box better than the Beretta 92. Used to have a Taurus PT-92, sold it to get a Taurus PT-809, love it, but wish I had keep the 92 also because it was a fine shooting firearm.

You can not use Beretta 92 mags in a Taurus, the mag notch is in a different place. There has been reports of people modifying it so they can be used in a Taurus 92, but I would not recommend it.

Ah, thanks, i think my brother has a different one then, although could have sworn it would. I would def recommend using the proper mags on the pistol, even if its a couple bucks, then trying to "fix" something yourself and save (AKA WASTE) some money.
    Having been issued the Beretta, I actually liked the Taurus model more. Maybe cause it wasnt so used and abused, or the decocker, or a couple other minor changes. Either way, i liked the Taurus more. I did buy a Beretta, but thats cause I already had so many things for it, and one day, when funds allow it, i hope to own a nice Taurus as well.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ah, thanks, i think my brother has a different one then, although could have sworn it would. I would def recommend using the proper mags on the pistol, even if its a couple bucks, then trying to "fix" something yourself and save (AKA WASTE) some money.
    Having been issued the Beretta, I actually liked the Taurus model more. Maybe cause it wasnt so used and abused, or the decocker, or a couple other minor changes. Either way, i liked the Taurus more. I did buy a Beretta, but thats cause I already had so many things for it, and one day, when funds allow it, i hope to own a nice Taurus as well.

When my dad passed away in his collection there was an Italian made Beretta 92, decided not to keep it because I hated where the safety was placed. The PT-92's safety/decocker is placed in a much more favorable location, plus I love that it has the decocker. So much safer in my opinion.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    When my dad passed away in his collection there was an Italian made Beretta 92, decided not to keep it because I hated where the safety was placed. The PT-92's safety/decocker is placed in a much more favorable location, plus I love that it has the decocker. So much safer in my opinion.

Agree, however, the Army doesnt much care for my opinion on issued items, or we wouldnt have the M4 or the M9 (Beretta). While I am hoping to retire out of the military, I still have a nice private collection and am always looking to add more to it

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My first pistol was a Taurus PT-92 AF, safety on the frame. I still have it.
    Repeter, it's been so long, I don't remember if the mags are interchangeable.
    I have had zero problems with it.
    It shoots well.
    I usually CC, and it's a little big for that.
    But, all right for OC, or range gun.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My first pistol was a Taurus PT-92 AF, safety on the frame. I still have it.
    Repeter, it's been so long, I don't remember if the mags are interchangeable.
    I have had zero problems with it.
    It shoots well.
    I usually CC, and it's a little big for that.
    But, all right for OC, or range gun.

Thanks Actaeon, couldnt remember, but it sounded like it was the same one. Thought they did, since I was going to give you the mags for it, but you didn't want them, so I put them back to good use.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I've own 2 of them and loved them both. Started with an older blued one and now have a newer stainless and love it even more. I use it for EDC and have had zero issues with it. Also, if done right it can be a CC gun, although I OC most often. For mags I use the mec-gar aftermarket mags, 18 round flush fitting mag and never had a malfunction with it

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My dad has one. Great shooter. My kids refer to it as Grandpa's "pimp gun". It's chrome with rosewood grips and gold plated trigger, hammer, etc. Don't want to shoot it in bright sunlight, it'll blind ya:D

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I had one for a little while and it was a nice pistol. If I had to buy a Taurus again, it would be the 92.

I have never seen one come back to the shop with problems, can't say the same about the rest of Taurus line up!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a PT99 (same as 92 with adjustable sights) that is over 20 years old. I don't carry it, but it is a very good gun. Mine was manufactured before they added decocking capability to the safety.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My first handgun was a Taurus 92. In my opinion it is the best semi-auto they have ever made. Not very CC friendly but a great range/house gun. Wish I had never sold mine.

Top Bottom