• ...and so much more!
  • Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    This is probably one of the most awkward questions but how do you guys get rid of used frying oil? I got a couple deep fryers and I always just toss it in the trash. Is there a place you can take it and dump it?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Check with any local restaurant with a fryer, they will (most likely) have a commercial waste-oil disposal service that leaves a dumpster out back. For a few bucks (or maybe even for free) the manager will probably let you dump your old fry oil there.

On another note... it can be used as fuel in a SHTF scenario.

-Paul

supermahns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    i put it in a coffee can till it cools enough to put it in the freezer. after it freezes and solidifies on garbage day I throw it out.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Easy. It goes to a local garage with a waste oil furnace. Vegetable oil or peanut oil does not hurt it. Knew one guy that strained it, filtered it more and ran it in his diesel.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I just put mine in an orange juice bottle and put it in the trash.

I do have a question. How often does everyone change their oil? I put fresh oil in mine, but first thing I fried in it was fish, should I change it again?

If you fried fish in it I would change it immediately afterwards so that nothing else fried in it tastes like fish.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    If you decide to have a bonfire, it works great for getting the fire going good. If you plan on going camping soon, save it in a sealed container for the campfire. That's how I get rid of all my used motor oil. Cooking oil would even be cleaner.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've used it as weed killer along a fenceline. Otherwise bottle it up and dispose. There may be better uses for it, but, you know.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    If I fry fish I will put it in an empty container and reuse it to fry with it again...don't use it more than 3 times. I don't usually fry anything other than fish. :D

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    There are people who will actually biy it, strain, and mix it to produce diesel for their vehicles. Resturants actuall sell it for that purpose. I know of an officer who makes 50 gallons at a time.

Top Bottom