• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Flour, salt, pepper, fried in oil of choice or butter. IF their are any left overs they are great for gravy, or as a topping on homemade pizza.

crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    put them hole in a foil pan put one can of french onion soup or maybe 2 depending on how many shrooms you have put on the gril while your steaks r grilling. when they start to boil take off and pour over your steak........there r killer like this

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I usually just do the original pan fry. I have tried other ways, but none have tasted as good to me. This year I have so many of them I am dehydrating and use them in the winter. I know a man who dries them then puts them in a grinder and adds into a cheese ball or veggie dip. It's pretty good.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will cut them in half. I'll mix an egg and some milk together, dip in the egg wash, then in some seasoned flower. Then I'll fry them in oil.

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    So, for the health conscious folks we do a lot of coconut oil for everything we fry... but, I'm good with just fryin' these puppies up in butter. Makin' my mouth water just thinking about it!!! Thanks for asking :)

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have never had them fried, but that sounds great. I have always had them just sliced and sauteed in butter or olive oil with a little onion and salt. Mmmm. Make my mouth water and I haven't been able to have any this year.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Nothing fancy - floured and fried. Usually I'll cook a few eggs up in the skillet afterwards.

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Flour and fry is great but add some cornmeal to the flour is great also. Dont forget to soak in saltwater over night first. Im sure most know this just info for the rookies.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    collected my first few this year and really wanted to know what the actual mushroom tasted like and what all the fuss was about. so I dried them for a few weeks, popped one in my mouth, very good, hold as long as you can. I don't find enough to fry them up.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Definitely soak in saltwater for several hours/overnight. And pan frying with flour with/without egg has always worked for me. I am really curious about how they'd taste if you pan fried a steak or two, then cooked the morels in the steak grease. The thought of doing that definitely sets my mouth to watering! I'll have to try that next season and see how it works out!!

Top Bottom