• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Say you buy a brand new gun and take it to the range and find it shoots to the left or right or up or down. If the sight isn't adjustable, how can one adjust it? Would you just send it back to the manufacturer?

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Kentucky windage, or replace the sights with adjustable if possible. That's all I know of.

Also, what are you trying to sight in? That might help people help you out some.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Kentucky windage, or replace the sights with adjustable if possible. That's all I know of.

Also, what are you trying to sight in? That might help people help you out some.

Nothing, was just thinking about how much that scenario would suck and if you could do something about it. :D

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    usually one of the sights can be drifted left or right. height adjustments can require replacing the front blade, but I would not worry about adjusting sights on a brand new gun for the first 200 rounds. sometimes POI will change on break in.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    If its the firearm and not the shooter, try a different bullet weight if it is off vertically.

The fixed sight firearm usually has a specific load in mind, and varying from that will change point of impact.

Top Bottom