• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't get the point of paying for a duplicate. The state doesn't require you to carry your license. So just leave the paper in your file cabinet.

I carry my license, but I still don't see why I should spend $20 to get the new plastic license. I'll do it if I ever actually need to replace my pink paper....
    Of all the cool things the Joneses have, this isn't something I need to keep up with....

-rvb

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know it is not required but the law also says that the burden of proof is on you for proving you are exempt from the no carry law in Indiana. It also says that if you are arrested you are to be freed and all records of your arrest wiped once you produce a LTCH. That leads me to believe that you should carry your LTCH.

The police computer advises an officer as soon as he runs a plate if the registered owner possesses a LTCH. If accosted outside your auto he can run your name address and dob and your LTC will come up. The law was written before the ISP database was up and running and updated to not require carry of LTC afterward.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm waiting till next moth to get a dupe. Everybody and their brothers are on right now slowing or crashing the site.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Write down your Larry number on a dirty napkin and laminate that, the number they verify in the database is the only proof you are licensed and the only proof you need.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Write down your Larry number on a dirty napkin and laminate that, the number they verify in the database is the only proof you are licensed and the only proof you need.

But what if I want a pretty little plastic card that shows I'm not a free man, and that I must pay to exercise my rights?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just did mine in five minutes or less on an iPad. I have the plastic UT and AZ so I wanted the IN to be able to keep them all together. I travel several states for my job, and don't really want to carry my filing cabnet everywhere I go, so I just keep it in my wallet.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

But what if I want a pretty little plastic card that shows I'm not a free man, and that I must pay to exercise my rights?

Then I'd recommend a tattoo of the license, much harder to lose and you can enjoy its presence even while bathing. ;)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Then I'd recommend a tattoo of the license, much harder to lose and you can enjoy its presence even while bathing. ;)

So what if I get my license or license number tattooed to my forehead? Does that mean a LEO cannot ask me questions about my OCed firearm, since I have obviously presented a valid LTCH??!? Do they even have RAS to stop me for open carrying if they can see my forehead? :popcorn:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And the rest of us don't even want to know what bodily appendage the tattoo is added to...

Hey, how and where you'd enjoy your tattoo is completely up to you.

So what if I get my license or license number tattooed to my forehead? Does that mean a LEO cannot ask me questions about my OCed firearm, since I have obviously presented a valid LTCH??!? Do they even have RAS to stop me for open carrying if they can see my forehead? :popcorn:

Tell 'em to run the number or go pound sand.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The wonderful taxpayer-funded system doesn't seem to know I exist, either. Those saying you might have keyed something in wrong are probably... wrong.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just called. They are currently working on the site, still adding licenses and such. And they just had the site up and running.

She said give it a couple days, and try again.

I'm so glad it's not just me.

"Still adding licenses..." Yep, that makes sense. Duplicate a database that already exists? Our tax dollars at work. SMH.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think the people that wrote the healthcare.gov site wrote this site. So, good luck with that!! :laugh:

I am going to wait till the panic is over to apply.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nor me.

Odd that they want the city of birth. I don't remember that on the application. Plus, that adds a huge potential subset to the database.

Top Bottom