How do I buy a used gun (not from a store)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You go up to 38th and sherman, wad of unmarked twenties, look for Jamal, black hoodie that says F*** you pig! on the back, tell him Tyrone sent you!!!! If you get busted, don't rat out the homies or we gonna hafta bust a cap in you a**!

Buddy of mine I worked with for years, who's black, retired and now runs his own business, used to frequent INGO.

Until he saw posts like this.... it's just not funny....

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I practiced what I preach. Met a guy halfway at a parking lot today. Hour and a half drive. Checked his gun. Paid him. Shook hands and we went our seperate merry ways.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ask to see his LTCH. Can't have one with a felony.

Good point! Except that not everyone buying a handgun has a LTCH. When I lived in MI, I had bought my first pistol from a friend. The law there says to do so you have to go to your local sheriff's office and get a purchase permit. After you get that you have 10days to buy the gun and take it back to the sheriff's office and they run the numbers and do your paperwork. If everything checks out you are good to go. I just think here in IN it is easy for criminals to purchase guns from people with no paperwork involved. So you could have someone who is shady:evilangel: (but has a clean record) buy guns and later sell them to felons and say he didn't know they were felons. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom