• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    The good ones go to the great safe in the sky.
    The bad ones go to the getto. (and exchanged for $50 on a gun buy media event)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have old shotgun, side by side, last time it went hunting both barrels went off at the same time. Several years ago had to replace firing pin, now something else.

Get rid it, never. Just put the ol'girl up 'cause it was the finest handling shotgun I've had and my Dad left it to me.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I am convinced that ALL centerfire DA revolvers will eventually have timing issues. Springs on guns will need to be replaced. Generally, my pistols (Glock, Ruger, 1911) have required fewer repairs/ parts replacement than my revolvers (Smith, Ruger). My Glock 17 Gen 1 is 24 years old, and has fired more than 40K rounds, probably 95% of those were lead bullet reloads. I started loading for this Glock before I heard that lead bullets were taboo for the Glock. Too late now. Darn gun just keeps shooting like when it was new, and NO KABOOM.
    Any gun can have a catastrophic failure, but it usually occurs with new guns (undetected defect when the gun leaves the factory), improperly loaded ammunition, or a bore obstruction. Old or heavily used guns just wear out and quit working. And those old guns can be repaired for money, provided parts are still available.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I am convinced that ALL centerfire DA revolvers will eventually have timing issues. Springs on guns will need to be replaced. Generally, my pistols (Glock, Ruger, 1911) have required fewer repairs/ parts replacement than my revolvers (Smith, Ruger). My Glock 17 Gen 1 is 24 years old, and has fired more than 40K rounds, probably 95% of those were lead bullet reloads. I started loading for this Glock before I heard that lead bullets were taboo for the Glock. Too late now. Darn gun just keeps shooting like when it was new, and NO KABOOM.
    Any gun can have a catastrophic failure, but it usually occurs with new guns (undetected defect when the gun leaves the factory), improperly loaded ammunition, or a bore obstruction. Old or heavily used guns just wear out and quit working. And those old guns can be repaired for money, provided parts are still available.

Top Bottom