• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    I got my first 22 when I was about 8. My dad took me coon hunting, We did alot of walking and it was a blast.

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    First went hunting with my dad and uncle around the age of 10 for squirrel. Carried a 22 rifle and fell in love with being in the woods.

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    Like others, as the dog, running rabbits and flushing quail at the family farm in North Judson. Don't remember the first gun, probably the single shot .410 that was passed down. Didn't pick it back up until my mid 20's.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I become interested in hunting after reading some magazine articles in Field and Stream when i was about 13. I was always a big fisherman, thats all i ever did after school till it got dark. I told my parents i was interested in getting a gun and going hunting, and my parents had never owned guns or hunted so they were not too thrilled about the idea. My dad told me if i played freshman football, then when the season was over he would buy me a gun. I spent every game on the bench, yet went to every practice, and eventually became the proud owner of a Benelli Nova 12GA. I researched what i wanted to hunt first and decided that it would be squirrels at Wilbur Wright. My grandma was the one that made it all come together, telling me what trees to look for, what sounds to listen for, and driving me there and sitting in the car until i came back hours later. She ended up taking me almost every time i went until i was able to drive myself. I cant thank her enough for doing that, it has evolved into a passion of mine just like fishing. Who got you into hunting, and have you passed along what you have learned to anyone recently?

Your Grandmother was a great woman.

Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    Got my first rifle when I was 6 yrs old. started small game hunting with my Dad and Grandpa when I was 10. Started deer hunting when I was 15. I didn't really have a deer hunting mentor so I learned by my mistakes and reading hunting magazines.

cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    I was fortunate enough to grow up in a hunting family. For as long as I can remember I was going hunting with my dad, uncle, grandpa and great-uncle. Started around 5-6 with the old faithful red rider bob gun. Graduated to a chipmunk .22 them a double barrel .410 for bird hunting. Killed my first deer when I was 11 with a Mini-30. Some of my greatest memories with my grandpa where dove and deer hunting.

Today i still regularly hunt with my cousin and uncle. While I have a few guns, I typically use my late great-uncle's model 700 .308 topped off with my grandpa's old Redfield scope.

The Mechanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    First wents squirrel hunting with my older cousin at 10.Was hooked but then tragity struck,parents got divorced move into town then if that wasnt enough got married at 20 and found out she was a liberal!After 13 years of marrital bliss,I finally wised up and gave up on that one.Now it's great!Got remarried( Ask first how she felt about guns).Immediatly bought several guns,now after 9 years with my current wife ,she gripes if I don't hunt.Squirrel is still my favorite,but also deer and varment.

Top Bottom