• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Always wanted to get a gun but I had a (troublemaker) stepson I had to worry about getting a hold of it. He has since moved out & not as much of a worry (gun safes help, too :n00b: :)).

Finally ended up getting a .50 cal. Hawken muzzleloader over 3 years ago to go hunting with my brother. That was the gun that broke the dam.

I now have a safe full of pistols & long guns. The newest additions are a Walther P22 for fun & a Mossberg 835 for turkeys. I think I need a bigger safe.

duffer426

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    hunting with dad. an old stevens single shot 12 gauge it had a plastic stock recoil was kind of harsh. dad said he could shoot 2 pheasants with it. shoot the first one,reload and shoot the second one.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I was also a Boy Scout and not to toot my own horn but guess who shamed everyone else at summer camp with that bolt action .22LR? As a matter of fact I think that was the only badge I got that week. I failed the water rescue/swimming one because the lake was freezing cold and they made me save the fat kid!! LOL Keep them coming!

haha nice. I never did good at swimming either I only did what I had to to get higher ranks, lol. I was good underwater but not distance. Good job on getting the high scores there too, I got mine on the second day.... lol

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I grew up hunting with my father back home in NY. We live right at the base of the Adirondacks so I guess guns just came as second nature.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    Wanted to get one before our Govt. outlaws them! I think its our right to defend ourselves, why should only the criminals have guns?
    Also, my tactical Benelli looks cool as hell!:patriot:

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    :patriot::draw:My dad was on the state police pistol team. I spent many weekends listening to Is the line ready ready on the left ready on the right all ready on the firing line wistle blowing then hundreds of ppc shooters firing I guess it got under my skin. The first rifle i shot was a m-16 on semiauto of course. My first pistol a 1911 which flew over my head but I didn't drop it. I own 30 or so guns "If you know how many guns you own you don't have enough." Shoot at least once a week rain or shine.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I think I always wanted a BB gun as a child but since I was a girl I didn't get taken seriously. Didn't dare ask twice.

When I was in college, I trotted myself over to the (now non-existent) Don's Guns on W. 38th street,Indpls & asked the guy behind the counter if I might be able to "shoot a gun" (they had an indoor range). He set me up w/ a revolver & helped me get it set up & I shot at the target 10 or 15 times. I don't know if he was teasing, but he asked me if I really had never shot a gun before since I was "peretty good" at it.

Now years later, my husband got me to get my CC permit ~1994? for self-defense purposes. Got training at TDI (tactical defense institute) in Ohio.

Now have Lifetime Permit & fun toys but not enough time to play with them...

Thank You, Don's Guns!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    We used to go camping at Racoon Lake every weekend-we had a trailer down there. My father and gradfather taught me. I really learned the tactics portion of firearms when i joined the military some 12 years ago.

Now im teaching my son. When he was 4 learning with nerf guns. When he was 6 soft air guns. When he turned 7 more realistic and faster soft air guns. Now at 8 he has a .22 passed down to me from my grandfather.

Now for my daughter,if just wasnt so prissy:)

Top Bottom