• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Cool thread. I wish you the best, Terry.

I'm fat. I've always been fat and I'll probably always be fat. I've got a few physical things going against me but I don't let that prohibit me from exercising. It is harder in the winter than when the weather is 72 and sunny.

Watch the "diet" foods because the sodium they pump into those things for taste and a cheap preservative will give you high blood pressure.

Your motivation gives more motivation to go out and do a little more. I highly recommend seeing a dietitian. It is expensive and worth it. Having someone keep you accountable for your life is important... I lost about 35 lbs by doing Weight Watchers. I was the only dude in the class (a few other males, I wouldnt call them dudes though) and it worked well. When I quit going and weighing in every week, I gained most of the weight back.

I highly do not recommend the cancer route. :)

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Good info in this thread. A couple of things though. First of all lifting will equal more mass unless done at a high intensity in a low weight high rep fashion. Secondly if you are doing cardio you should look at your target heart rate and align it with your goals. If you are simply wanting to loose more weight then run your heart out becuase higher heart rate = more calories burned, but if you are looking to get rid of the fat and keep the muscle then think about keeping your heart rate 60-70% of max so as to burn a higher percentage of fat.

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Eat smaller portions on every meal, cut out sweets, start running with a half mile, hit up the gym! turn the fat into muscles lol

You gonna do it bro, no problem just stick to any plan you pick and it will turn out :rockwoot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.

If you start working out, do not get discouraged if you aren't losing weight. You can be gaining muscle, losing fat, not be losing weight on the scale, but still getting healthier.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I fit into my first two XS (Extra small) jackets this weekend while out shopping. From XL to XS. Now, XS is hard to find in men's stores.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I'm saying I've seen those gym teacher types before puffing out their chest lecturing 13 year olds like they were marines and getting down on the fat kid, and the skinny kid who then act like they are only concerned with "helping" them.

Actually he was a history teacher with a bit of an admitted gut, do, as he said, to his wives baking skills and his lack of willpower.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ok, I've made the decision to enlist. Its between the Army and the Navy right now....neither one will talk to me until I drop about 35-40 pounds.

I know some of you have done it...certainly there's been some fat guys who dropped the weight to make enlistment standards....I need your technique. What did you do?

I'm at ~250...I need to get to 217 or lower. I'm cutting out the beer and the smokes :crying: , but beer makes you fat and I can't smoke in basic anyway. What else should I do? I'm terribly outta shape, so getting up at 0400 and running a mile would likely kill me if I tried it tomorrow. What did you do?

Resurrecting a sorta old thread to ask:

Hey MGR... how's your weight loss coming along? Did you decide which branch you're going to join?

Also, here's the stuff that my OSO gave me to help me get into shape for OCS.
    Link -> Indiana Marine Officer - Physical Prep

Top Bottom