• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Seeing stuff like this makes me want to quit my maintenance job and go work maintenance for them. Disney World has that affect on me as well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm always amazed by the machines and their complexity. Its incridable all the moving parts and such.

Actually, that press that punched the brass from the strip looked to be pretty old. You'd be amazed at how old some presses that are still in use today are.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Looks good Hog--You got one of those Multi-Swage machines??HA HA...Bill..
    I don't even have a press yet. Will by year's end though then I start getting the other basics and the dies so I can get this going. I am already saving my .22 cases and other stuff normally thought of as trash for use in this and gathering raw materials that are easy to gather. I am still reading and reading so I am not getting what I don't need in my enthusiasm which then causes me to have to sell or trade it at a loss usually selling my pace back. Had a lot of trouble with that when I started casting, buying molds I turned out never to need or use.

No thread hack intended... nothing to see here. Move on please. Move on. :)

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Actually, that press that punched the brass from the strip looked to be pretty old. You'd be amazed at how old some presses that are still in use today are.

Ya, i used to work at carrier and some of the punch press machines were30+ years old.....

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    2 yrs ago they were producing 4 million rds a day. Plus what other manufactures are making.Today store shelves are empty. Hard to imagine ever running out.

Last edited:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Just thought I would share. they even tell how much they produce a day. (This was posted in 2011)
    http://youtu.be/pvK9QlQtrKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNkfTS0lOQ&feature=share&list=UU7qB--C24DexdVB1GOTgbJQ

Thanks for posting this. It's FASCINATING! So they said 4 million rounds of .22 out of just CCI. So that 1.04 BILLION rounds annually. Assuming we have 300 million people in the US, that is enough for every man/woman/child to have almost 3.5 rounds each.

So how is it that I can't find EVEN ONE round? They just be sending them to China. They take the lead bullets out and make them into baby toys...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thanks for posting this. It's FASCINATING! So they said 4 million rounds of .22 out of just CCI. So that 1.04 BILLION rounds annually. Assuming we have 300 million people in the US, that is enough for every man/woman/child to have almost 3.5 rounds each.

So how is it that I can't find EVEN ONE round? They just be sending them to China. They take the lead bullets out and make them into baby toys...
    Well think at 3.5 bullets per person, one 550 round bulk pack accounts for around 157 people. A lot of guys will buy a half dozen bulk packs at a time, so that is 942 people's worth at 3.5 round per person.

Top Bottom