• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just wondering how advanced trained & prepared people get with their primary med bags?

As with anything just because you have the most advanced equipment, without training to use it your at a disadvantage or possibly dangerous. But let's just assume (yeah I know) that we all have at least a first responders cert up to an emt-b or paramedic. So a higher level of training than just your basic CPR or aed class. So of coarse your abc's, administering oxygen, CPR, diffibulator, traumatic pneumothorax, creating an airway, stabilizing a broken bone or hip, triage, basic meds administration, Ect is within the realm of practice.

what advanced equipment do you believe is;
    - necessary
    - nice to have
    - a luxury
    - not needed

lets say the medical first responders are either stretched to the max or disabled due to a major event. Hospitals are overwhelmed but still operating at some level (generator power), travel by road is not reliable due to debris or washed out roads Ect.

you have rallied with your group. What would you prefer to have to support the medical needs of your group for a sustained period of time? Let's say folks in your group have anywhere from toddlers to elderly.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have a standard BLS jump kit that has everything that I, as an EMT-B, would need. While I might or might not have ALS equipment stashed away in my personal medical gear for SHTF use, I don't carry anything that exceeds my level of certification for use out in the general public.

I don't carry an AED and I may or may not have O2 in the vehicle depending on how recently I have moved gear around.

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    I have multiple bags, carry BLS items with me all the time in my back pack. Then I also have a ALS bag with some first round meds and some ALS equipment. Then another bag that I take on trips that contains lac management supplies, numbing agents and more major trauma management supplies. I am trained at EMT-P level and practice it all the time. Also have numerous animals that I care for and manage that I get lac and injury treatment skills on, that are usually a challenge.

Top Bottom