• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I still say in 2010 we throw each and every "incumbent" out on their a$$ regardless of party, share the unemployment with our lawmakers, and then do it again and again, until we have a government of "We the people" once again.

It will take years and generations to drain the Washington swap and clean out the snakes!

Agreed

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just to add some levity, I just posted a clip from Warsaw's silent no more group's town hall meeting with Richard Behney.

Early in the Q&A one citizen asked Richard something to the effect of:

Richard, why do you think you should be a Senator? You're not a lawyer, you're not wealthy and you won't compromise. And everyone knows you must be a lawyer, wealthy and willing to compromise to be a Senator.

Here's his response:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlxF7Qctik"]YouTube - Behney in Warsaw - Lawyers[/ame]

How many politicians in DC are talking the way the 2nd fellow and Behney are? So far, I can only count them on one hand.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    In our state it went right down the party line, Dems for it, Repubs against.

I still say in 2010 we throw each and every "incumbent" out on their a$$ regardless of party, share the unemployment with our lawmakers, and then do it again and again, until we have a government of "We the people" once again.

It will take years and generations to drain the Washington swap and clean out the snakes!

I agree with firing all of the b*****ds. We need new candidates who do not have allegience to either party and are not interested in making a career out of the job. They need to have as part of their platform, repealing all of the crap that has been passed for the past 12 year and term limits.

Please excuse my french.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How are the numbers looking for a filibuster in the senate?

Not sure yet... but this has promise:

Hot Air Blog Archive Coburn plans to read the bill …

If Coburn and other Republicans force floor readings of the bill, that may drift into March or April. If Coburn insists on a floor reading every time the bill gets amended, it may be summertime before they can get around to it. The Senate has other business to conduct, which would interrupt floor readings that would take at least several straight days of floor time to complete for a bill that will run into the thousands of pages. And all it takes is one Senator to withhold the unanimous consent necessary to dispense with floor readings.
    In effect, it would allow Coburn to have the bill filibuster itself.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    So my question is do you people honestly believe voting these people out will work.....voting doesnt work anymore its dead and past........voting fraud is way beyond control......and IMO liberty and the way of life we all used to know is gone.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So my question is do you people honestly believe voting these people out will work.....voting doesnt work anymore its dead and past........voting fraud is way beyond control......and IMO liberty and the way of life we all used to know is gone.

My sentiments exactly...

Some will say wait until the elections. Then what? Wait for them to do nothing? What happens when they don't repeal this monstrosity?

Some will say this will take decades to undo. Why? Why can't they pen it out of existence just as they penned it into existence?

What is stopping Congress from repealing all the unConstitutional laws, rules, regulations, and agencies currently in use and on the books? Why is it so hard to undo all this crap?

By this thinking... The thinking that this will take decades to undo... Then all is lost. Our Country will be just one more Communist Country claiming to be a Democracy like Russia, the EU, and many other Countries.

I don't see how elections (which we don't know if they are rigged or not) will really change anything. It would be nice, but I don't see anything changing in the next 10 years.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have some concrete blocks to mail in the morning.....

Why? Are you building a wall? ;)

Nedd help I know several fine Citizens that would probally be willing to lend a hand...

Me, I think I need to start building up that bonfire. Seems about time to have an Inquisition... :D

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    so now the next thing we need to come to an agreement on is....what are we gonna do and how long are we gonna let this go on before we loose all of our liberties.......and is it the same thing were all thinking.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots from time to time.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    so now the next thing we need to come to an agreement on is....what are we gonna do and how long are we gonna let this go on before we loose all of our liberties.......and is it the same thing were all thinking.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots from time to time.

+1 My wife usually doesn't like to get too involved in these things, she's usually generally in agreement with me on everything and has come to accept the 2A as necessary, but doesn't use firearms herself. She prefers me to carry now instead of being against it. When she heard about this getting passed through the house, she was pretty outraged and actually said she hopes that if it makes it all the way that enough people would be outraged to revolt. She's coming along nicely :)

Top Bottom